Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

My once in a lifetime

SlownSteady7

John Day River Oregon. Literally a once in a lifetime tag. Can't say it was my target ram since another group decided to act like it was general deer season and run straight up the hill and start shooting at the ram I had picked out. Despite being told by someone on the river that we were set up waiting for the right shot they charged ahead. Still happy as could be with this 165 ~8yr old ram. We also shot chukar and some geese to go along with the 100+ smallmouth we caught so it was a trip that I won't soon forget. If anyone draws this tag I would be more than happy to chat about what we learned floating this hunt. The last day of 20+ miles in the rain including 2 miles in the pitch black wasn't optimal but we got it done.

Attachments

• Ramathorn.jpg
    Ramathorn.jpg
    5 MB · Views: 294
Glad you got it done, ass hats are ass hats, what’s a guy to do. I’ve always thought the John Day to be a very special place, family history goes back over 100 years along there. Yours is a fine looking Ram.

John Day River Oregon. Literally a once in a lifetime tag. Can't say it was my target ram since another group decided to act like it was general deer season and run straight up the hill and start shooting at the ram I had picked out. Despite being told by someone on the river that we were set up waiting for the right shot they charged ahead. Still happy as could be with this 165 ~8yr old ram. We also shot chukar and some geese to go along with the 100+ smallmouth we caught so it was a trip that I won't soon forget. If anyone draws this tag I would be more than happy to chat about what we learned floating this hunt. The last day of 20+ miles in the rain including 2 miles in the pitch black wasn't optimal but we got it done.
Congrats! I'm dreaming of getting an Oregon Sheep Someday. I want to return to the Abert Rim area and harvest one someday though it is unlikely. I'll begin putting in next year for the 2025 season and hope to draw before my dad passes away in Oregon.
That would be a memory and a half!

Congrats an a beautiful looking Ram, is he your first? If so congratulations on exiting the club!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elkslayer38
Back