Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

My new ride

Elkhunter

Well it has been around a month since I sold my horse Classy and have been looing for another. On Saturday I went for a test drive on a really nice horse and was going to buy him when I heard of another one. Well we went to see him on Sunday night and I took him for a test drive tonight and decide to buy him. He is an 8 year old quarter horse and has been through a terrific training program. He has packed elk, doesn't mind the water, loose rocks or deadfall. His name is Tom and I will be making an appointment with the vet for his shots and coggins. Once the vet says he is OK, I give the owner some money and he is officially mine.

DSC01287.jpg

Who's the owner??? I've been looking for a good hunt'n horse! ;) He had me at "packed elk"!

"Tom" who names a horse Tom??? Why not John or Mike? ;)

I think Tom & Dog will be happy friends Martin. ;)

Thanks Ridge Runner. I have no doubts.

T Bone, that was from many years ago and all is good now. We took off up through rocks, bolders and loose shale yesterday and found he was very sure footed. He had no problem with the hillside of deadfall either. After that we ran up another hill on a very winding trail with logs and rocks.

Bambistew, I will have a horse named Tom. I actually like Chuck better, but Tom will do. ;)

Timberline, getting him from a local contractor here in Jackson.

I know nothing about Horses but that one looks polished up nice??

Bill!!!
That is one nice looking horse you have there. Next time I'm in the neighbor hood, you will have to take me by and show it off... :D

Nice lookin pony, Bill!! Gotta love a quarter horse. We used to have one that was the most gentle thing ever. He used to follow me around like he was a dog. :D

maybe if you let me borrow it i can keep up with russ this fall. good looking horse congrats.

Wel it turns out that a gentlemen's agreement and a handshake don't meant diddly chit anymore. The very next day that after I rode the horse and made the deal and shook on it, the seller called me and told me no deal because someone offered him $1000 more. The day after the agreement we made the vet appointment for his shots, check up and coggins and they agreed to hold the horse on their property until the coggins results came back so we could take it to the ranch where I would be boarding him. To say the least I was more dissappointed in not getting the horse and dissapointed in the fact that an man's word is worthless anymore. Well to say the least I am still looking for a new ride and go to see another one on Monday and if that one doesn't fit my fancy, he has a couple more leads for me. I guess it just wasn't meant to be and the one I do end up getting will be even better.

Caribou Gear

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Big daddy
Back