My 2010 Idaho General Season Deer

fowladdict

Last week I might have put the most miles on my boots as I ever have in four days of hunting. The first two days of 21 miles of hoofing it and glassing up only four does weren't very encouraging. But after finding a lot of tracks on day three we knew we were in the right place. Day three turned up about 30 deer including five bucks. This guy came out with a bigger buck, but I'm still working on the patience thing and hopefully he will be there next year. Since he was almost 4 miles from the trailhead I kind of figure he won't be touched. ;) I'm still tickled with this guy especially being a general tag buck.

On a side note...I never saw another hunter more than a half mile off the road in arguably the most hunted unit in all of Idaho.

Attachments

• 101022IdahoDeer3.jpg
    101022IdahoDeer3.jpg
    101.5 KB · Views: 479
  • 101022 IdahoDeer.jpg
    101022 IdahoDeer.jpg
    228.5 KB · Views: 480
Hey FowlAddict, I might have found the sheds of that buck a few years ago (Or the bigger buck you saw thats still alive), send me the GPS coordinates of that buck so I can verify !!!

....I love that line ;)

Kudos on getting out. at least it looked like a flat hike out :D

Hey FowlAddict, I might have found the sheds of that buck a few years ago (Or the bigger buck you saw thats still alive), send me the GPS coordinates of that buck so I can verify !!!

....I love that line ;)

Kudos on getting out. at least it looked like a flat hike out :D

LOL! How about I take you there personally...as long as you wear a pack frame. There is a nice 6x6 bull I found in there that I just might have a date with on Nov 1st.

Hey FowlAddict, I might have found the sheds of that buck a few years ago (Or the bigger buck you saw thats still alive), send me the GPS coordinates of that buck so I can verify !!!D

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Congrats Fowl! Good luck on the elk hunt!

I wish we had more big burns like that in this state.

Congrats on the buck!

Oak, we do, it's been going on now for the last 22 years. We have the feed, we need animals.

We have the animals, but we could probably have more if certain areas were let to burn. In 2002, the Hayman Fire became the largest in this state's history. Since 2004, the estimated deer population in that area has increased 27%, and the area produced a 300" buck.

Dandy buck congrats. In a heavily hunted unit, you did darn well it looks like.

Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmor19534
Back