MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

MT 680 ram (no photos)

There was a stud ram killed with a bow not too long ago but I'm thinking it was next unit to the east. He was from Bozeman. May you know him crittergitter. His name was Shane. I'm guessing this was a different ram?

I don't recall anyone by that name getting a big ram with a bow. There are some great ones out there though so certainly could have happened.

The biggest one I know of the past couple years was last year and with a gun. A guy I know here from Bozeman.

I saw some kill stats a while ago and Im gonna try and look again to verify, but there was a FOUR year old ram that was 17X45... what the H?

Where did the pics go?

I'm not 100% sure, but I think the 2nd award is that ram. If you click on the picture he doesn't appear to have many growth rings. I remember reading his age somewhere and thinking how young he was to score that high, unfortunately I can't find any text linking an age to this ram in my recent searches.

26th Awards: http://www.boone-crockett.org/bgRecords/records_26thap_results.asp?area#bighornsh

Trophy Watch: https://www.boone-crockett.org/news/trophyWatch_detail.asp?area=news&ID=60633C03-71B6-4F72-8420-D0539B11109B

What's that guy on the left doing now? Writing citations to folks wearing 390 square inches of orange?

I believe he is the FWP Warden Training Officer for the state now. I could be mistaken but would be curious if any one else around here can confirm this?

There are two rams listed in B&C with an 18+" circumference measurement, 18 3/8" from WA in 2010 (194") and 18" from UT in 2007 (193 4/8").

There are 42 rams listed with a 17" to 17 7/8" circumference measurement: 24 from MT, 7 from AB, 4 from BC, 2 from CO, 2 from WA, 1 from AZ, 1 from OR, and 1 from NV.

Breaks sheep generally dont get old. they grow big fast and then their teeth start to wear down around 7-8 ish and they start dieing off. A 9-10 yr old ram in the breaks is ancient.

Not sure if you'll ever see that ram in B&C. Was it a 100% legal hunt????? plus I think its still tied up in court. Last judgement was for Lewton, but FWP hasnt turned it back over to him.

Interesting read. Thanks for resurrecting thread and posting.

Too bad for everyone it went down the way it did.

I have no respect for the fwp people involved in this. Killing that sheep for their insufficient evidence shortcomings is preposterous.

FWP members should be the ones paying for this.........

My favorite part of the whole deal....during the court case when asked why they (fwp wardens) felt they had to kill the ram. The warden stated he feared retaliation( more or less said feared for his life) from lewton if he didnt....who was armed only with a folding hunting knife...which was inside his pack....next to two armed uncover wardens...yea right. I would have had more respect if they had just come out and said we needed the ram dead cuz we are planning on selling it to lewton to increasepad our case. Too bad Lewtgon was aquitted on on charges.

First I've seen of this story. It blows my mind that the warden killed that animal (and I presume isn't in trouble for doing so).

Only pic I have. Too bad it went the way it did. It was a great ram

Don't know for certain, but I'm pretty sure the guy label "Game Warden" was actually one of the guys charged and acquitted in this case. I think the actual warden kept a low enough profile his pictures never made it to the web.

Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jaly24
Back