Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

Montana Law?

THWAK1 offers good advice. Surely the FWP warden for that area will know for certain what and where access is available. After getting that info, you are good to go.

Definitely take that step or you may get into trouble. There is public land in this county that looks like it is bounded by a county road, but actually a thin piece of private land is between the road and the public land. Unless you have a darn good detailed map and an unusually accurate GPS, it's best to ask those who know for certain .... especially those who would likely show up to write you up for trespassing.

I'd suspect that the corner hopping, while being illegal, will bother some landowners more than others. I know of a few places where wealthy out-of-state landowners have parcels landlocked, and you can bet they will go after corner hoppers. And just because it is "gray" or someone says a certain county won't prosecute, I wouldn't count on it. It wouldn't be worth it to me to take a critter, then have to fight my way through court to keep it. I've also learned, second hand, that accessing State owned lands here in Montana by helicopter is illegal. Anyone know for sure? mtmuley

Since many of you guys like to hunt MT...
Remember this is a legal law...

"It is illegal to have a sheep in the cab of your truck without a chaperone."

Caribou Gear

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tomcat1984
Back