Yeti GOBOX Collection

MLB

I don’t know who to blame but I just really want a deal soon. I think both sides are to blame. I feel like the players already have a great deal compared to other sports. Seems like the players association was asking for a lot of major changes which is recipe for a lockout.

Third generation Red Sox fan. I like baseball but rarely sit still long enough to watch anymore.
It is a treat to catch a game at Safeco when we can.

I would watch a football( read soccer) or hockey game before a baseball game or American football any day of the week. That said I hope they can come to an agreement that is equally painful for both sides.

I know with the state of the world today this is completely inconsequential, but I hope they sort it out. My wife and I are working on going to a home game of each team. We usually get 1 or 2 a summer.

I love my Bravos and baseball is by far my favorite sport. They need to get their crap together. Hearing those 2 parties complain about money isn’t doing anything positive for the sport.

oh you're one of those...
'Fraid so.
My only allegiance to New England upbringing is the sports teams.
Washed my hands of everything else 35 years ago.
And to think my Dad chose grad school at the University of Michigan over Montana.
Otherwise I I would have been a Missoula baby.
Sad.

I loved playing baseball as a kid. Just for the fun of it. Can't stand to watch it. Takes too long and is pretty boring. Now, they hammer out money. mtmuley

Actually it is a lockout, called by the owners. The owners also also slow walked the bargaining, to get more leverage, I assume.

This is a cherry on top of all the other problems baseball faces. Chief among them is the interminably slow pace of play. Games last forever. The game has evolved into one of walks, strikeouts, homeruns and pitching changes.

I am a lifelong fan but they are not enticing me to keep the baseball package on Direct tv.
I do agree with you about the games. Its a game of HR, walks and catching fly balls. I played baseball at a high level through school. Once I had girls I switched and starting coaching softball. Did that for the last 15 years at a even higher level. I absolutely fell in love with girls fastpitch. Very few HR, quick field of play, even more strategy when it comes to players because they can re-enter games and then the DP/FLEX rule. They are given two minutes or 5 pitches between innings.

My union comment was more about a whole bunch of overpaid babies, managers and owners. Its no longer a game. ( However I do have issues with unions but that another thread)

The speed of the game and the incompetence of the Orioles owner have killed any enthusiasm for the game in my house. It wont be missed here regardless of how long it takes to sort itself out.

Back