Minnesota's Proposed "Assault Weapon" Bans (2024)

Sure, let's cherry pick one example instead of paying attention to an entire class of children that experience so much hate they try to commit suicide 40% of the time...

[URL unfurl="true"]https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/32345113/[/URL]

Oh and remind me how many straight males have been the one shooting kids in a school? Bet I could easily pick more than one just in 2024.... But ya let's blame trans kids
He/she wasnt a child. Elevated suicide rates in that community are elevated all over the world and increase post surgery. As far as kids, the idea that its easier to change a childs gender than it is to get a tattoo should be alarming.
Yes, it says nothing about being in boys bathrooms. We have a nutcase on our school board who likes to twist truths like this so I am a little sensitive to people saying things about our schools that are not true. Our school as a common (small) bathroom open to either gender that has the supplies. But they are NOT in boys bathrooms.
Odd they didnt say girl/woman/female in that bill text right? Not really.

"During a House Education Policy Committee on the bill this past January, an amendment to add the word “female” before the student reference was rejected (“…in restrooms regularly used by female students in grades 4 to 12…”). “Not all students who menstruate are female,” bill author Rep. Sandra Feist stated. “This [the amendment] is just another way to divide people in our schools,” added Thomas Stinson, a licensed school nurse at Harding High School."

Last post im making on the topic. Far off the rails at this point of the OP.

He/she wasnt a child. Elevated suicide rates in that community are elevated all over the world and increase post surgery. As far as kids, the idea that its easier to change a childs gender than it is to get a tattoo should be alarming.

Odd they didnt say girl/woman/female in that bill text right? Not really.

"During a House Education Policy Committee on the bill this past January, an amendment to add the word “female” before the student reference was rejected (“…in restrooms regularly used by female students in grades 4 to 12…”). “Not all students who menstruate are female,” bill author Rep. Sandra Feist stated. “This [the amendment] is just another way to divide people in our schools,” added Thomas Stinson, a licensed school nurse at Harding High School."

Last post im making on the topic. Far off the rails at this point of the OP.
Now that we can agree on (bolded above)! I would not personally agree with Feist or Stinson. I think we are pretty much on the same side in this, other than some groups trying to twist the truth in their headlines.

Sure, let's cherry pick one example instead of paying attention to an entire class of children that experience so much hate they try to commit suicide 40% of the time...

Oh and remind me how many straight males have been the one shooting kids in a school? Bet I could easily pick more than one just in 2024.... But ya let's blame trans kids
Less than 1% of the population identifies as trans. So statistically, less than 1% of school shooters should be trans. Seems like their number is where it would be expected to be.

Let's not stray away from the fact that every school shooter has 1 thing in common. It's some kind of mental disability.

Less than 1% of the population identifies as trans. So statistically, less than 1% of school shooters should be trans. Seems like their number is where it would be expected to be.

Let's not stray away from the fact that every school shooter has 1 thing in common. It's some kind of mental disability.
And a grudge . . .

Now that we can agree on (bolded above)! I would not personally agree with Feist or Stinson. I think we are pretty much on the same side in this, other than some groups trying to twist the truth in their headlines.
Right - so the law does require female products in the male restrooms, unequivocally, with intent based on the language and the people's words who amended it.

As far as the AWB, i am curious of figures/statistics that proponents of this bill are using as arguments? I haven't seen much as far as supporting evidence.

Let me guess, this is a mental issue with school shootings? Nothing else going on to enable it?

I've heard all the talking points and know how the NRA tries to spin this as a mental health issue alone. Yet we continue to have school shootings that no other country does with one very common denominator, easy access to guns and ammo.

treatment at the hand of fellow students is very often the root of the behavior of the teens and 20s involved in this stuff
Bullying as the root cause? I dont disagree that its a problem - but bullying predates this issue by a long ways.
Let me guess, this is a mental issue with school shootings? Nothing else going on to enable it?

I've heard all the talking points and know how the NRA tries to spin this as a mental health issue alone. Yet we continue to have school shootings that no other country does with one very common denominator, easy access to guns and ammo.
We have a violent crime rate far above normal as compared to other countries. Guns the issue there, too?

Access to ar15 type firearms has EXPLODED in the last 20 years. Theres little evidence that ive seen that suggests bills like this one do much of an appreciable difference.

Bullying as the root cause? I dont disagree that its a problem - but bullying predates this issue by a long ways.

We have a violent crime rate far above normal as compared to other countries. Guns the issue there, too?

Access to ar15 type firearms has EXPLODED in the last 20 years. Theres little evidence that ive seen that suggests bills like this one do much of an appreciable difference.
You're right, we should federally ban them again like we did before. Problem solved

I would say bullying + social media's amplification of bullying + a general sense that the next generation has no chance of living the lives of their parents + too many fathers out of the picture + crappy mental health systems + schools that fail to teach in the ways boys learn + plus the "rambo-fication" of our view of firearms & male behavior + an increase in firearms in the home which even with no wrong doing increases pro-rata the accidental or unlawful access by teens + the dark web "incel" culture all add up. I am not aware of any comparable developed democracy that would "score" as low as the US on these many partial causes.

I would say bullying + social media's amplification of bullying + a general sense that the next generation has no chance of living the lives of their parents + too many fathers out of the picture + crappy mental health systems + schools that fail to teach in the ways boys learn + plus the "rambo-fication" of our view of firearms & male behavior + an increase in firearms in the home which even with no wrong doing increases pro-rata the accidental or unlawful access by teens + the dark web "incel" culture all add up. I am not aware of any comparable developed democracy that would "score" as low as the US on these many partial causes.
Primarily - these things are all products of culture. Things that cant be legislated away.

Primarily - these things are all products of culture. Things that cant be legislated away.
Schools can be held accountable to do better with bullying. Parents can be held accountable for children's behavior. Social media companies can be held accountable for their targeting of teens. Govt changes in policies that promote on-shoring and tax policies that value labor over financiers and other changes can bring back the "American dream". Welfare policies and non-violent imprisonment approaches can put more fathers in the home. Govt policies and funding choices can help build a better mental health system. Schools can be forced to rethink education of boys. Govt can hold folks accountable who sloppiness/laziness results in troubled kids getting guns. The FTC can limit "Rambo" marketing and remain within the 1A. Not sure anybody can do anything with the crazy incel culture.

So, a lot can be done if we care. And not all of it requires outsized spending.

Schools can be held accountable to do better with bullying. Parents can be held accountable for children's behavior. Social media companies can be held accountable for their targeting of teens. Govt changes in policies that promote on-shoring and tax policies that value labor over financiers and other changes can bring back the "American dream". Welfare policies and non-violent imprisonment approaches can put more fathers in the home. Govt policies and funding choices can help build a better mental health system. Schools can be forced to rethink education of boys. Govt can hold folks accountable who sloppiness/laziness results in troubled kids getting guns. The FTC can limit "Rambo" marketing and remain within the 1A. Not sure anybody can do anything with the crazy incel culture.

So, a lot can be done if we care. And not all of it requires outsized spending.
Welfare policies incentivize fatherless homes. Schools not allowing boys to be boys and presribing them until they are obedient made it worse, not better. Mental health funding has exploded as the problem has got worse. Nearly everything else you said is simply "parents being better parents"

Ive heard the american dream is dead my whole life. It isnt.

Welfare policies incentivize fatherless homes. Schools not allowing boys to be boys and presribing them until they are obedient made it worse, not better. Mental health funding has exploded as the problem has got worse. Nearly everything else you said is simply "parents being better parents"

Ive heard the american dream is dead my whole life. It isnt.
That is my point - our current welfare policies drove men out of the home. We can fix that.

I said fix how boys are treated in school, not how. Yet you leap to self assumptions.

Our mental health system is a joke - we can do better.

And nothing suggests that at this point many parents plan on being better parents without incentives and consequences.

If you think the average 20 yr old is vibing the American dream then you need to get out more.

Last edited:

What about when it's something like a mass stabbing like a guy did in st cloud 10 or so years ago? Ran around and stabbed a bunch of people before an off duty cop shot him. Guns weren't and arent the problem. Revolvers have been around since the mid 1830s, just before the first lever action rifles came out. Guarantee anyone could walk in and buy a gun then. Guns have been around a hell of a lot longer than school shooters have.

I'd say the serious mental health issues far outweigh any "easy" access to guns and ammo. Guns have only gotten harder to get in the past 180ish years.

That is my point - our current welfare policies drove men out of the home. We can fix that.

I said fix how boys are treated in school, not how. So you have no place to disagree.

Our mental health system is a joke - we can do better.

And nothing suggests that at this point many parents plan on being better parents without incentives and consequences.

If you think the average 20 yr old is vibing the American dream then you need to get out more.
The average 20 year old isnt. For sure.

When i was 20 (around 2010) none were either.

Its attainable though. I think a lot of people are mixed up about the "american dream" in the first place. It was always a hope not every single person "achieved" it. People want an american promise or expectation.

I know that an american dream sure is a hell of a lot easier with a remote job.

Back