MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Melissa Bachman?

quackaddict

This seems really fishy. Some folks apparently posted questions on her facebook page and emailed her about this with no response from anyone about the clarification.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JONsG76j1Vw

From NMDGF:
It is illegal to apply for, buy or use more than one
license or tag for any big-game species during any license year—except as permitted by rule.

There are no Reservations in the Gila, and that's the only way this would legally fly unless she had the governor's tag, which I don't think she did.

No idea on the license question. Maybe they put hunts from 2 different years in the same TV year?

On a side note though, why do the anti-hunter hate mongers dislike female hunters so much?

Did you read the 200+ comments under the video? Just like the Texas Tech cheerleader who posted pictures on facebook with the lion, the anti-hunters go nuts on her. Just 3,792 views of the video and 258 comments, 90%+ seem to be hate mongers.

There are thousands of videos of male hunters killing stuff that have just as many views but almost zero comments from the hate mongers.

If I were her, I would disable comments on her videos.

Crazy world.

No idea on the license question. Maybe they put hunts from 2 different years in the same TV year?

On a side note though, why do the anti-hunter hate mongers dislike female hunters so much?

Did you read the 200+ comments under the video? Just like the Texas Tech cheerleader who posted pictures on facebook with the lion, the anti-hunters go nuts on her. Just 3,792 views of the video and 258 comments, 90%+ seem to be hate mongers.

There are thousands of videos of male hunters killing stuff that have just as many views but almost zero comments from the hate mongers.

If I were her, I would disable comments on her videos.

Crazy world.

Maybe so, but you wouldn't think she would delete the question from her FB page or not be willing to answer an email about it if that was so, or maybe have just said so in the video?

And the hate for the female hunters, I have no idea. It blows my mind.

The hate for female hunters and youth hunters and the "locavore" movement hunters is because traditionally these were populations that anti-hunters could influence with false information to join their movement.

They say right in the video that she's returning to NM for a late season hunt with the ML, making it appear it's the same year as the initial bow hunt. That would take a second tag that is not legal in the same year if she already had a tag for that early season archery hunt. She already allegedly got pinched a few years ago for trespassing in IL with an outfitter that she was allegedly dating along with Bill Miller, who at the time was still the head honcho of the NAHC. They were allegedly caught on property owned by a friend of a guy that posted all about it on the NAHC website. I actually went on a fishing trip out on Lake Michiagn with the guy that made the posts about her and Bill getting caught. At the time I was PMing back and forth with her on a regular basis about her activities with the NAHC and I came right out and asked about the alleged incident and never heard another word back from her! That sealed the deal on her as far as I was concerned, so this allegation of hunting in NM is very interesting and her removing the stuff from Facebook is about what happened when I asked about the IL hunt---dead silence! If she hunted both the video hunts in NM in the same year like it appears, someone should notify the G&F and let them follow up on it. She wouldn't be the first "celebrity" that violated the law to make a TV show and got caught!

Last edited:
They say right in the video that she's returning to NM for a late season hunt with the ML, making it appear it's the same year as the initial bow hunt. That would take a second tag that is not legal in the same year if she already had a tag for that early season archery hunt.

That's how I took it.

I cannot imagine anyone putting video evidence of illegal hunting on the internet. That would be pretty stupid!

Looks to be very incriminating,

I cannot imagine anyone putting video evidence of illegal hunting on the internet. That would be pretty stupid!

Looks to be very incriminating,

An idiot from Oregon put an Idaho hunt on TV where he killed two bucks but only had one tag. When Idaho F&G talked to him it was "all a mistake and a misunderstanding".

The video says to "fast forward, same state different season". The implication is same year but it is never actually said so (disclaimer: I only watched first 30 seconds).
I have hunted Idaho and taken a mulie during muzzloader season. I have also hunted Idaho and taken a mulie during general/rifle season.
Same state, different season, no laws broken.

We're not talking Idaho here Nick, so why bring up where you hunted legally when we're talking NM where only one tag for an animal is allowed in a calendar year!

Nugent got busted in CA for alleged deer hunting violations that were on a TV episode, as well as in AK on a bear hunt that was in another episode. I believe it was Rob Beck that does that long range shooting show with his wife that got pinched in ID for taking two deer without the proper tags. That was also shown on one of his shows and the G&F looked into it and nailed him.

EDIT: Bob Beck, co-host of Extreme Outer Limits on The Sportsman Channel won’t be filming himself participating in public hunting seasons in Idaho – or 36 others states – next year. Beck’s TV broadcast of a 2010 hunt helped seal his case, forcing him to plead guilty last month to hunting illegally near St. Maries. On the broadcast, the Oregon hunter explained Idaho’s rules allow hunters to purchase a second tag that entitles them to shoot an additional whitetail. Indeed, he bags two deer for the viewers’ pleasure. But working with a tip from a sportsman a year after the TV show aired, Idaho Fish and Game officers and Benewah County prosecutors were able to prove, among other things, that Beck had purchased only one tag. Beck was required to pay $2,600 in fines and restitution and he lost hunting privileges in 37 states that cooperate to shun illegal hunters.

Last edited:
Back