Kowa Spotters

I'm really hijacking mtmuley thread, but if you had a mediocre pair of binos (leupold Acadia 10x42). Would you buy a spotter or a pair of Swarovski SLC HD binos? Saw the swaros and I'm in love. But maybe a spotter would be more beneficial for now?

Depends on how/where you hunt to some extent, but I would probably go with the quality binos first.

For me, the spotter will take over after the binos. Binos are great for initial location of game, then I want to look closer with more detail. mtmuley

What about using a decent pair of tens and a pair of swaro 15's for longer range stuff, normally through the 15's you can work out how good an animal is, i rarely take a spotting scope into the field hunting.

My experiences have taught me that most animals in a locating scenario happen in low light conditions. I've used lower end spotters in these circumstances, they are useless as they do not gather enough light at power to give a decent view. I'll take my 10x EL's over a 45x low end spotter in these conditions every time.

I picked up a used swaro ATS 80 a few year back, even that at the lowest power setting (20x) it can still be to much power in low light conditions to really get a good look at antlers from long distance but it is 1000% better than the low end one I had prior.

Unfortunately, a spotter has to be great glass to be of much use in low light when you start talking about that kind of magnification.

MtMuley did you get the Kowa and do you still feel it's as good as you thought! I just bought the new Razor Hd22-48x65 and it's ok but feel like it's not as good as it could be. Thinking about exchanging for Kowa?

Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WhiskyRichard
Back