Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Kodiak adventure

Awesome bear and hunt!!
Truly the ultimate hunt to me.
Congrats and thanks for the story and great pics!

Great hunt, great bear!! I hope that your guide got a good tip so he could buy some shoe laces! LOL

Fantastic write up and the ability to get the job done! I hereby nominate this as the 2014 Hunt of the Year! Because it took you so many trips to get it done and you were rewarded for all you did. John

congratulations on a great hunt, essay and pictures. Thanks for posting your thread.
I and many others are awestruck.

Brings back a lot of memories Corey. Got my Kodiak Brown bear almost seven years ago to the day. I had also been unsuccessful on a couple grizzly hunts so I know what you were going through and thinking when you were only seeing those same bears. Super write up and thanks for sharing. Nothing like Kodiak. Truly a magical place and something I will never forget. I'm inviting myself over to see the finished mount!

Got these pics from my taxidermist. He's coming along. The head that came with the form was too small so he had to get a bigger one. I'm super excited to see how he turns out.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    89.7 KB · Views: 344
Just read your complete story and viewed your amazing pics. Trip and trophy of a lifetime! Can't wait to see your monster completed. The very top of my bucket list and if the Munsey's treat me right on my goat hunt I'll likely return to Kodiak for bear with them. Good huntin'

Thanks big28hunter. Are you going with Munseys this Fall? I know two of his guides and they run a great operation. I would have gone with them, just didn't want to wait because they were booked up for a few years.

More pics from my taxidermist. Ready for the hide to go on.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    99.6 KB · Views: 859
Yes but had to postpone it till October of 2017 due to my oldest getting married. Have heard nothing but good things about their operation. Hoping and requesting Ryan & Ruby for my goat hunt as they were my guide/packer with Max. Be in your neck of the woods this November trying to tag a Columbia blacktail. Good huntin' buddy and post pics when he's home.

Back