PEAX Equipment

Kenetrek Boots Experience

Huntforadventure

Earlier this year I purchased some Kenetrek Mountain Extreme boots. I wanted to share my experience with the boots as well as the customer service, in case anyone is looking to get new boots and are thinking about Kenetrek.

I purchased the boots earlier in the year and began the break-in process. I knew they recommend around 50 miles on flat ground for break-in. I walked and walked and was getting some heal rise in them. As stubborn as I am I took them to the trail, and 3 miles in, had some nice blisters on my heals. I chalked it up to my stubbornness and decided I needed more time on flat ground. Again I took to flat ground, with a trip coming up and break in not going well I contacted customer service.

I sent an email to customer service looking for some guidance. I was extremely impressed with the information I gained from customer service. I had a handful of emails back and forth with customer service, they were both quick to respond, and very very knowledgeable. After it was all said and done, it was determined that my feet are just not quite right for the boot. I could not be happier with the quality of the boot, and the quality of the customer service. I could have been upset the boot didn't work out, but I can't say kind enough things about the quality and the customer service of the company. I wish I could use the boot, and will probably attempt again in a few years.

Sorry for the rant, but I thought they deserved some praise on a forum.

I've had great experiences with them, as well. I own a pair of Mountain Extreme NI boots that I bought before a archery elk hunt several years ago. I pretty much took them out of the box and went hunting with no issues. I've used them in snow the last couple of years in WY with no problems whatsoever.

I really like my Kenetrek boots, they are the best boot I've ever had. I've spent most of my life trying to find a way to choose a boot that fits properly because it seems like you always pick the wrong one. Luckily I was able to find them at a local store and I had a chance to test them. I also had a good sales person that really knew how to fit a boot and had enough experience in the bush to know how the boot should fit in the real world. I ended up buying a boot that is one full size larger than most other boots I have but now I've got enough room for a good pair of wool socks and still have some dead air space around my toes. So far we've had temperatures in the 20s and my feet have been warm and dry.

I am wearing the hardscramble for the first time this year. I wore them over 50 miles to "break them in" during the summer, and they still seemed stiff. But this archery season I hiked over 15 miles in some steep and deep mountains and they were awesome. My feet were tired by the end of the day but not sore at all. And I think after about 200 miles on them they are finally broke into my feet.
John

I had the same experience with them as the original poster. Great boot but just not for my feet.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mmarshall173
Back