Caribou Gear

Boot Inserts?

jbseamus83

So, I have had a pair of Asolo boots for the past 3 years. They fit me well and have been good boots for me over that time. The outside of the boots are still in pretty good condition, they grip well, and still provide good ankle support (which is a must in a boot for me with past sports injuries). However, some hikes this Summer have made me realize that the insoles seem to be pretty worn out. I am really feeling it in the balls of my feet after hiking for a couple miles in them.

That leads me to my question: Has anyone found any inserts that are worth buying to get a little more time out a pair of boots? I'm not quite ready to invest in a whole new pair of boots if I don't have to, but I also don't want to get inserts that are just going to crap out and not work.

Sheep feet but they are a little expensive

Superfeet you can buy off the shelf and they are pretty amazing, they make one specifically for hiking boots.

Sheep feet but they are a little expensive

Superfeet you can buy off the shelf and they are pretty amazing, they make one specifically for hiking boots.
I have looked at the superfeet inserts and they seem to be pretty good, but wanted to hear from others if they had recommendations or had tried any. Thanks for the info!

I have looked at the superfeet inserts and they seem to be pretty good, but wanted to hear from others if they had recommendations or had tried any. Thanks for the info!
I have both. If you have a wide toe box the super feet can run a hair narrow and that drives me nuts in a boot

I have run oboz insoles and now I use PCSsole Orthotic High Arch Support Insoles in all my shoes that I get off amazon.

I have both. If you have a wide toe box the super feet can run a hair narrow and that drives me nuts in a boot
Yeah that would be really annoying to have a lip that doesn't reach to the edges. I don't think the toe on my boots is too wide, but good info.

I run superfeet green in all my boots.
I had expensive custom orthotics from a podiatrist,
he had me use the superfeet green while the custom orthotics were being shipped.

I use Sof Sole - Medium Arch in my hikers and boots. I get get them at Cabelas

I use the PowerStep head moldable insoles. In my opinion they are an slight upgrade from the super feet insoles.

My chiropractor makes custom insoles. HE will mold my foot in foam and send them off to be made. I know there are online companies that do the same. I have terrible feet and the store bought ones never worked for me. The custom ones work wonders for me!

Plus 1 for super feet. I’ve only been using them a year but worth every penny.
Thanks. I ordered some super fee. I will give them a try and go from there. I want to get things settled before I'm on my first hunts in September.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mmarshall173
Back