Caribou Gear

Idaho Deer Hunt

Doug in Idaho

Well after reading T-Bone's account of his hunt in Idaho I was inspired to post a few pictures of my hunt last weekend since I was hunting an area close to where he was. That's as close as I will get to sounding like his thread because I can't tell a story like he can. Myself and several of my cousins packed in a camp several miles and my dad came up later in the week to mainly ride his horse around and get out.

IMGP0271-2.JPG

We hunted hard and saw lots of good country.

IMGP0265.JPG
IMGP0263.JPG
IMGP0269.JPG
Copy of IMGP0270.JPG

One of the cooler finds of the hunt was this old bighorn sheep head that we found.

IMGP0267.JPG

As with every year I plan on holding out for a big buck, and just like every year I am a small buck magnet and have little will power to pass up bucks once i've been hunting for several days. After seeing many elk and lots of small bucks I couldn't pass this one up. The shot ended up being around 350 yds and I was able to make a nice one shot kill. We filled 3 out of the 4 tags in camp and did spot one really nice buck up high but couldn't get on him. I was able to put my new Longbow to the test(love this pack). It was one of the funner hunts i've been on in a long time. My only regret is that all of my tags are now done for the year.

IMGP0260-1.JPG

I almost forgot to post this last picture. My girls kept asking me if they could go hunting. So one day got a bunch of snacks, loaded up and went for a hike in the hills. They were thrilled to be "hunting" with dad. As someone who only seems to produce girls, (I have three) this was a great day.

Attachments

• IMGP0230.jpg
    IMGP0230.jpg
    110.7 KB · Views: 298
Great looking country and time spent well with family and friends. Nic ebuck also that will eat real good. Congrats and keep up the good work with the girls. My yr old daughter can't wait to hunt either..

Looks like you were just across the highway from us. I love that country!

Good work getting the gals out and about. They'll hunt!

Thanks for sharing.

Cool beans. I'll bet those girls will grow up to be hunters if you keep taking them with you. I have a "girl" friend who killed a trifecta with her bow here in CO this year. Started out with a 200+" muley, then killed a bear, and finally shot an elk. She couldn't find the bull after the shot, but kept looking. Really kept looking. She finally found him last night, 4 weeks after shooting him.

Back