Ice fishing winding down

Looks like a fun evening!

Any of you guys fishing Flaming Gorge for lake trout or ling? Would be a long trip for me but that is a bucket list item.

Looks like a fun evening!

Any of you guys fishing Flaming Gorge for lake trout or ling? Would be a long trip for me but that is a bucket list item.
No, but I would like to fish it as well. I know it can be sketchy on the ice at times.

Went out this evening for a couple hours to see how the ice is holding up. Still ok but the end is near. I've ice fished a fair bit this year.

Fished like a rookie tonight missed one, lost 4, snapped one off right at the hole, iced 3.

Better than not fishing though. Probably get out a time or two more and put it away for the season.

61214.jpeg

61216.jpeg

61217.jpeg
Yeah I'm about done for the year it was a fairly slow season on my end. I got out a lot but had mediocre results each time. Still overall an enjoyable hard water season. I pulled the boat out of storage yesterday and have started going through it to organize and clean off the dust won't be long now.

Awesome fish! They look extra healthy!

I’ve been pleasantly surprised at how the ice has held on this year around me. Don’t think I’ve ever been on a sheet of ice this late at the lower elevation lakes, and we haven’t been nearly as cold. Still have a few weeks left too… going to take full advantage of that!
IMG_5988.jpeg

Last edited:
Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sscrano
Back