Ice fishing winding down

BuzzH

Went out this evening for a couple hours to see how the ice is holding up. Still ok but the end is near. I've ice fished a fair bit this year.

Fished like a rookie tonight missed one, lost 4, snapped one off right at the hole, iced 3.

Better than not fishing though. Probably get out a time or two more and put it away for the season.

61214.jpeg

61216.jpeg

61217.jpeg

Ice is in pretty tough shape around here... usually at least 2 feet of ice by now. If we keep it up, we'll be ice free in a couple of weeks.

We almost lost the ice back in February but winter keeps coming back. I bet we have 2 feet of ice still. The spring winds are going to start to chew things up and have been why I haven't been out in a long time. Looks like 25-30mph winds at Dillon this weekend so I think I'll head to the mountains and take advantage of the mediocre skiing.

Ice off is pretty good bank fishing here so I look forward to catching fish with a fly rod and a bobber soon.

Stick a fork in it for the northeast. Spring seems to have arrived in late February this year. Nice trout!

We almost lost the ice back in February but winter keeps coming back. I bet we have 2 feet of ice still. The spring winds are going to start to chew things up and have been why I haven't been out in a long time. Looks like 25-30mph winds at Dillon this weekend so I think I'll head to the mountains and take advantage of the mediocre skiing.

Ice off is pretty good bank fishing here so I look forward to catching fish with a fly rod and a bobber soon.
Canyon Ferry keeps hanging on even with the wind.

I'd be thrilled to hear how I'm "doing it wrong".

I'd buy you a beer Buzz, just don't go thinking that I'm trying to take you home.

Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sscrano
Back