Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

Hunting and Bipolar

Ok, I'm confused. You made it 7.5 months without noticing anything?!
She had no symptoms the first 5 months, and never missed a period. Then at her annual physical exam at 5.5 months she reported a couple of mild symptoms to her doctor, and asked if she might be pregnant. The doctor she’s had her entire adult life was convinced that it wasn’t possible.

7 months we started to get suspicious based on her belly shape. She is a tall lady with a large frame, and normally goes up and down in weight, so it’s hard to tell. 7 1/2 months she took a home pregnancy test and came back positive. She estimated she was 9 weeks along.

She was headed out of the country for an extended trip the next day and instead of “Hey, see you next month, and oh BTW we’re having a baby” she waited till she got back and had an ultrasound.

At the “12-week” ultrasound on Friday she found out she was 2 days shy of the 8-month mark. The position of the placenta prevented her from feeling the baby move. She has maybe a 2-3” baby bump, still no symptoms except for being a little tired and having to pee more often. All indications so far show baby is healthy 🥰

A promising first day of ML season. New spot, evening ambush. Glanced over my right shoulder and a doe pegged me at 20, alarmed out shortly thereafter. At sunset had 2 bucks come in, a younger 10-pt, and an older 8-pt w/ what appeared to be a wound on his lower right abdomen. I snuck in to 129 yards, then relocated to intercept them again, they passed a second time at 155. I have a better idea of where to post up next time.
76CAB796-2D7E-4F09-830A-AF1CB30D6880.jpeg

Great news! Childbirth really is a miracle. Tell you what, even the most hardcore atheist will see God watching their baby born into this world. And sex don’t matter. Baby with ten fingers, ten toes and a healthy heart is what I’d take any day regardless!

I missed at least 2 more. Good practice though. LRN bullet is a good compromise for small game. FMJ is too slippery, and expandable is overkill. I’d use hard cast too, but I can’t find it anywhere. I fill half of the cylinder w/ big game loads, and the other half for opportunity game.

Doe read the script on an AM ambush. I passed on a sharp quartering to angle at 50 yards, and took a slight quartering to at 25 when she stopped. Should have the meat in the cooler, and then back out for an evening sit w/ my either-sex tag.
40E0AB53-F79A-422E-A3FB-B6EE73EC7A38.jpeg

AM glassing and saw nothing. Mid-day I did some walking/scouting and found some fresh buck tracks in an evening staging area. The only good wind to hunt the spot is Monday night, and I’ll plan to post up. I decided against sitting it today as deer other than the one I am targeting will scent me before the buck shows up.
AD34457A-A549-45FA-ADFD-C30838B805F8.jpeg

AM glassing and saw nothing. Mid-day I did some walking/scouting and found some fresh buck tracks in an evening staging area. The only good wind to hunt the spot is Monday night, and I’ll plan to post up. I decided against sitting it today as deer other than the one I am targeting will scent me before the buck shows up.
View attachment 308440
Good plan, lots of time left to wait for the right conditions. Are you getting weather tonight into tomorrow? They are calling for a trace here but that’s more we’ve been getting. I’m hoping the wind will switch so I can hunt a spot tonight.

Just warm warm warm. Ground is not frozen, creeks are open, bugs buzzing, and mushrooms popping up. Feels more like southern Missouri than central IA.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elkslayer38
Back