PEAX Equipment

Hunt Talker Hunt 2014

Ethan - nice write up & great photos with an awesome bear!

Dustin - those pics are great, glad you made it home.

Cushman - glad you made it back to Co. safely.

All - we gotta do this again! :D.

Hey guys,

Congrats on the bears, they are awesome!! I'm sorry I couldn't make the trip. Maybe next time...

I am new to this site... but what an amazing time it sounds like you guys had! This is why I love hunting and fishing boards... everyone is after the same thing and all come together, help each other, and enjoy outdoors as much as the next guy.

Not sure why I never found this site sooner but hope this group get together becomes a tradition and newbies may be able to join in the experience.

Oh and major kudos for keeping in the hunt down to the wire for a great black bear! While we waited around camp, we were all counting the time and estimating when you would return. All hoping later than sooner... when later came we were smiling with anticipation you had tagged a bear! :) Major grats for keeping at it!

This might've been the best part of the trip. Sitting around the fire those two nights with one group still on the hill, slowly checking things off the list of explanations until all that was left was a dead bear.

"We'll give them fifteen more minutes..."

I just finished up the video of Elkaholic's bear. You can see the footage here. https://vimeo.com/95633762

Gerald, that kept me smiling throughout the video! Watching a fantastic episode of that pure hunting experience through Dave's impressions were... epic! Dave, to have a video of that sort, visually observing the memories you hold, has to be a step beyond the fantastic opportunity already present! It was a pleasure meeting you. What a fantastic Montana adventure!
Gerald, you and Travis really made this the success it turned to be! Major hats off to you both! What an outstanding event. Thank you!

Camp food always seems to taste better than food at any other time. Those pics and stories of the food y'all were throwing down on looks awesome. If there's another trip next year, I'm gonna do everything I can to make it.

Camp food always seems to taste better than food at any other time. Those pics and stories of the food y'all were throwing down on looks awesome. If there's another trip next year, I'm gonna do everything I can to make it.

Putting my degree in Culinary Arts to use one coffee ground at a time :D

Well I earned the dunce cap tonight.

I took the long (wrong) way into a favorite ancient clearcut that consisted of three hours of climbing through deadfall. When I finally got there, I walked out on to the road and spotted a shooter bear 600 yards out, across the draw. Moved into 250 yards and had a shot through some long grass. I got cocky and figured I didn't care if I killed it or not, and decided to try to move up to the next bank I thought I could see him, maybe fifty yards from the bear, and busted him out in the process. It was a long lonely crawl back out through the deadfall in the dark.

Looking at the pictures now I think I messed up bad and should've shot at 250. Oh well, it's a long season I guess.

It's a bird, it's a plane, no it's Beardar! Wear it with style Randy11. Wear it with pride. You could always say you passed up the shot.

Attachments

• Montana Spring 2014 273.jpg
    Montana Spring 2014 273.jpg
    454.5 KB · Views: 1,308
So a week after bear season ends in our unit, these two showed up literally in my back yard. My son was sitting on the toy excavator when they came around the side of the garage about 40 yards away. They didn't see him and he ran for the front door and woke me up from my Sunday afternoon nap yelling "Dad, there's bears in the yard." I grabbed my camera just in time to see the sow walk up to the excavator and sniff where he had been minutes before.

Hopefully, they move on and don't cause any trouble this summer.

Attachments

• IMG_2915.jpg
    IMG_2915.jpg
    68.1 KB · Views: 364
  • IMG_2916.jpg
    IMG_2916.jpg
    66.8 KB · Views: 365
Jokes on you, Gerald. That was me and the mrs. trying out next year's prototype BEar THE DECOY.

Resurrecting a buried thread here, but for continuities sake, I thought it a good place to post a couple of pics of the awesome rug I had my bear turned into.

Many thanks to Rick Farthing for doing an awesome job on this. I think the face is really tough on bears and cats, and he did an outstanding job!

While the meat is long gone, I will be enjoying this rug for a long time.

2014 Bear Rug 1.jpg
2014 Bear Rug 2.jpg

Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sbaker
Back