Hunt Talker Hunt 2014

twodot, awesome county. I have only been on the north side. That does sound like a good idea, but not sure what everyone is looking for.

I've got more bear spots than time, and would gladly recommend a locale that could keep a bunch of guys busy and spread out for a couple days. If you guys decide to go that way.

MT would be cool, Idaho is a good option because of the ease of getting a tag for anything. OTC Idaho rifle white tail tag during the rut maybe?

I would consider hosting a few days of early bird hunting. prairie dog shootin, and fishing.
Location, 9 miles south of UL Bend / Crooked Creek ramp.
Have to do it right before archery elk gets full swing.

How are the snakes? I have dogs, but I'm pretty picky as to where I drop my tailgate in early September.

I would consider hosting a few days of early bird hunting. prairie dog shootin, and fishing.
Location, 9 miles south of UL Bend / Crooked Creek ramp.
Have to do it right before archery elk gets full swing.

Some damn pretty country. How's dog shootin with a 7mag or 300wsm? Lol

My only hang up with early Sept is that tax returns are due and I ain't go no free time.

I believe the Brewfest will be going at that time of year as well - Missoula. :)

Belly-deep, snakes are for sure a consideration at that time of year. Most of the guys who I know that run their dogs at that time give them the snakebite shots before they go out for the season.

jryoung, I can't think of a better way to get warmed up for big game than shooting a hundred or so rounds thru those big rifles at some pdogs.

I second an idaho hunt. Lots of tags easy access to public and private ground if you know how to talk to the landowner. I may be in if in another state as well but n. Idaho would be great.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jaly24
Back