Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

Howa Superlite

I just bought one of these in a 7mm-08 just wondering if anyone is having any issues with the feeding? The magazine doesn't seem to fit tight so unless I push it in it doesn't like to feed the next cartridge any ideas? I really like the gun Tho haven't shot it yet but verry excited.

I have multiple. No issues.

If the magazine/clip is in far enough to be in the locked position the clip shouldn’t go in any further and it should be a good tight fit.

When you say, doesn’t “fit tight,” what part doesn’t fit tight?

I happen to be at SHOT Show and I could take your question directly to Howa and try to solve it while I’m here. Just need a better description or a photo of the situation.

I have multiple. No issues.

If the magazine/clip is in far enough to be in the locked position the clip shouldn’t go in any further and it should be a good tight fit.

When you say, doesn’t “fit tight,” what part doesn’t fit tight?

I happen to be at SHOT Show and I could take your question directly to Howa and try to solve it while I’m here. Just need a better description or a photo of the situation.
It locks in but there is slight play in and out. when I hold the magazine in tight it feeds perfect but if there is no pressure it doesn't like to grab a cartage.

I took it out yesterday to shoot it and I am really liking it. I was just breaking in the barrel, but it is a fun round to shoot, and it is grouping really well and man it's light. verry happy with it so far.
thanks for reaching out Randy it means allot.

Hello all first post here, I recently bought a superlight in 6.5 creed and after I ordered a set of talley 30mm medium rings because I wanted to mount a leupold vx3 3.5-10x40 with firedot on it. After over a month of waiting for leupold to put this particular scope back in stock I have started to grow more and more impatient by the day lol, anyways what I'm getting at is now I'm thinking about abandoning the 3.5-10 and buying a 2.5-8x36 I would just have to fork out another 50 bucks for a set of 1" rings instead of the 30mm that I have. Question is if I do this will mediums be fine? I've never bought a scope smaller than 40mm objective diameter before, and would I be better off going with lows? Thanks all for any info I'm gonna give leupold til the end of this week to get the 3.5-10 back in stock and if they do I won't have to worry lol.

Hello all first post here, I recently bought a superlight in 6.5 creed and after I ordered a set of talley 30mm medium rings because I wanted to mount a leupold vx3 3.5-10x40 with firedot on it. After over a month of waiting for leupold to put this particular scope back in stock I have started to grow more and more impatient by the day lol, anyways what I'm getting at is now I'm thinking about abandoning the 3.5-10 and buying a 2.5-8x36 I would just have to fork out another 50 bucks for a set of 1" rings instead of the 30mm that I have. Question is if I do this will mediums be fine? I've never bought a scope smaller than 40mm objective diameter before, and would I be better off going with lows? Thanks all for any info I'm gonna give leupold til the end of this week to get the 3.5-10 back in stock and if they do I won't have to worry lol.
I have Talley mediums on mine with a Leupold VX-2 2-7x33, and I don't feel like I have any issues with the cheek weld. They still sit much lower than a set of low rings on the stock pic rail. I went with mediums to ensure I'd have clearance if I decide to switch out the scope for a larger objective.

Tally lw Mediums on mine as well. I ditched that rail. I wish they would just sell the gun without the rail and reduce the price a bit.

3-10x40 and it’s perfect height.

As a update I guess it wasn't destined to put a leupold on this rifle I waited all week and now the 2-8x36 and 3.5-10x40 firedot are both out of stock so I went in another direction. I just completed a order for a Trijicon accupoint 3-9x40 with stand green duplex reticle. At around 13oz and battery free illumination I think it will work fine. I also ordered a set of medium 1" talley rings to go with it. From the research I've done this scope appears to have a good reputation, anybody on here ever used one? This will be my first trijicon scope outside of experience with the ACOG from my military days.

I got to shoot one this weekend that a friend bought. Very impressed with the rifle can’t believe how light it is even with scope bipod and suppressor. I didn’t think I would like it but it was pretty impressive for an ultralight rifle. Shot good as well.

I had one in 6.5CM that I won in a raffle. I sold it to a buddy because it’s a right handed rifle.

It is a nice rifle, but I couldn’t get it to group super well. I was averaging about 2.5” groups at 100yd w/ Winchester white box fmj hollow points. The trigger was nice and crisp, somewhere around 3lbs if I recall (I could be misremembering). If it had been a left handed model I’d have kept it.
Yup. Seems like a really nice RH rifle...
I understand that it is a business decision and I respect it, as such.
Still, I'm LH... so, like you, I eliminate RH bolt-actions from my list of options, too.

I got to shoot one this weekend that a friend bought. Very impressed with the rifle can’t believe how light it is even with scope bipod and suppressor. I didn’t think I would like it but it was pretty impressive for an ultralight rifle. Shot good as well.
Yeah I really have no experience with suppressors but with this rifle it has gotten me intrigued, the nosler 30 k can looks interesting to me.

I really like my wife’s 7-08.

I’m actually on the fence about getting that shorty in 7-08 for myself. I need to sell a few guns to make room I guess.

Well I got a hell of a deal on one of these in 6.5 creedmoor so I decided to try one out. Need to get some talleys ordered now

Reactions: DFS
Is that with talleys or is that running the pic rail and rings?
I went with Talley mediums and have no issues getting a proper sight picture without a cheek riser. The pic rail is super high - I never mounted a scope but I don’t think even the lowest profile rings would’ve set lower than the Talley mediums.

I went with Talley mediums and have no issues getting a proper sight picture without a cheek riser. The pic rail is super high - I never mounted a scope but I don’t think even the lowest profile rings would’ve set lower than the Talley mediums.

That’s what I’m hoping. The pic rail looks really thick on them.

I've got Talley lows and have a good cheek weld. Was definitely pretty high with the rail and rings initially while waiting for Talley to make rings.

Caribou Gear

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tzog
Back