Yeti GOBOX Collection

Gps with onX hunt maps

Mmilne

I was wondering if it is worth getting on X maps for a hunt in which we plan to hunt west elk wilderness (unit 54). I have a topo map and there's no apparent private land where we plan to hunt.

I just purchased a new GPS and Onx maps and it is amazing the areas I thought were private and the areas that are not. I won't go another season without. I have been hunting the same area for 10+ years and learned something new the first time I opened the maps and reviewed my waypoints!

Cool thanks, last thing I'd want to do is shoot something in someone's back yard!

I was wondering if it is worth getting on X maps for a hunt in which we plan to hunt west elk wilderness (unit 54). I have a topo map and there's no apparent private land where we plan to hunt.

I assume you're a NR talking about Wyoming where you either need a licensed guide or resident with the proper G&F paperwork to take up to two people into a wilderness area?! If that's the case, you may not need the chip, but I'd have one since it's for the entire state and will be valuable any time you hunt there.

Check out backcountry navigator if you dont want to spend the money on on x. It's a free app i use and works great. You can download maps and pull them back up with no cell service. It shows all nat and prive land borders.

On second thought I'll just shoot and deal with the consequences later. Ya that'll work out! ��

GOHUNT Insider

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rifleman270
Back