Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

Going to pull the trigger this weekend.

why don't you just caryy it in a gun case everywhere? this seems to be getting pretty complicated. I mean gun rubbers and all. And I was thinking about building some points and taking on a muzzleloader elk tag but dang I dunno any more :confused:

And I was thinking about building some points and taking on a muzzleloader elk tag but dang I dunno any more :confused:

With a newer style inline, using #209 primer, you don't have near the problems in wet weather. Muzzleloader is actually a lot of fun especially to take an elk !

Moosie, do what Hem said "Load your gun and then back that nipple out to prime the area underneath" that will better your odds against misfire.

I would hate to hear that you had one at 30 yards broadside and the cap goes snap and the deer or elk just stands there starring at you while you are starring at it with your mouth gapped wide open :eek: in disbelief of what just happened along with the sudden urge to wrap the gun around the nearest tree.
That's why you have the capper on a 10'' to 12'' piece of leather tied to your shirt (button hole) and your brain is programmed to its location for that moment of excitement of the stare down. ;)

BRING IT !!!!

Fri
Nov 19

14.gif

Few Snow Showers
33°
28°
30%

Sat
Nov 20
14.gif

Snow Shower
36°
18°
40%

Sun
Nov 21
14.gif

Snow Shower
30°
18°
60%

Best of success, Moosie! Black powder hunt - on my list of to do's...
Knock a big one!

Well.... I am leaving a day late. I think there is already a good start with 6-8 inches of snow and still snowing. Hope I packed the Warm undies !!!!

Well.... I pulled the trigger and missed :(

In the snow and every day the gun went off. Hopefulyl I can Connect over thanxgiving.

Well.... I pulled the trigger and missed :(

In the snow and every day the gun went off. Hopefulyl I can Connect over thanxgiving.

Don't feel like the lone ranger, I missed with the muzzleloader this weekend too!:mad:

I used Electrical tape.

The Elk I missed was not a 350" it was more a 35.0" if you took the length and doubled it..... :eek:

It was right up from the truck 1/8th mile so I thought I'd take a poke for an Easy pack out. I think I pulled he trigger and Peaked. We followed the bull and the cows 2 fingers over but they were not having anythnig to do with slowing down for us.

Love huntingthough in the snow and mountains. Reminds me I'm not in shape right now :mad: :mad:

I used to be the Young buck on the hill. Doing pushups while I waited for other guys. Now my heads down and I'm looking for ants in the snow ;)

I can handle the hills, I just need to get closer to the game and settle down and shoot better.

Moosie, keep the capper in your pocket on a lanyard and cap the rifle with a fresh cap when you get close, just for extra insurance. Electric tape works fine for the muzzle.
What rifle and load are you shooting? Good luck.

Yeti GOBOX Collection

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mttedoc
Back