FWP Bonus Point Sketchiness

This 👇🏼 sums up the clown world of Montana FWP in all its current glory:

“License application manager Shandi Martinez said she heard about the FWP change in passing but received no official notice regarding the alteration.
“Montana is kind of a mess overall,” she said. “And they seem to change it every year.”

This 👇🏼 sums up the clown world of Montana FWP in all its current glory:

“License application manager Shandi Martinez said she heard about the FWP change in passing but received no official notice regarding the alteration.
“Montana is kind of a mess overall,” she said. “And they seem to change it every year.”
When your staff is publicly saying everything is a shit show 🤦‍♂️

Glad I don't hunt Montana and can't wait to dump my points in WY....Western state hunting with these scam points systems will never stop. People are too greedy. Might even be in my best interest just to let the points go even, why even spend my hard earned money in those states when they treat NR as 2nd class citizens to fund their game and fish, but want their tourist money for local business. I sure wonder how many of these cities / towns would die without NR money.

Several Montana based state jobs will now end up outsourced to an out of state company.

Zero. We couldn't get rid of nonresidents and their money if we tried. Nonresidents actually have lower standards than residents do. Nonresidents are actually exploiting Montana.
Actually it would not be zero....If you did not have people "exploiting" MT, these towns would in fact die, but hey, I love Big Sky and the YC ;)

Actually it would not be zero....If you did not have people "exploiting" MT, these towns would in fact die, but hey, I love Big Sky and the YC ;)

My friend Bob, who recently passed away, built the home he and his wife lived in for most of their days, in the year 1960. He said that at the time, it was the first new home built in Clancy, MT in 30 years. Can you imagine any community in MT remaining unchanged for decades? How insane given what we currently see on the landscape!

It's tough for me to tell whether a town dying is just that place staying good or not.I suppose it's in the eye of the beholder.

To the OP, the biggest problem here is not the changes, it's the failure of those making the changes to communicate. In the words of George Bernard Shaw, "The single biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place."

My point is that they won't quit exploiting Mt. and coming on here to telling us how we can't live without them.
My point is we are never going to find out because nonresidents are actually the ones doing the exploiting.

My friend Bob, who recently passed away, built the home he and his wife lived in for most of their days, in the year 1960. He said that at the time, it was the first new home built in Clancy, MT in 30 years. Can you imagine any community in MT remaining unchanged for decades? How insane given what we currently see on the landscape!

It's tough for me to tell whether a town dying is just that place staying good or not.I suppose it's in the eye of the beholder.

To the OP, the biggest problem here is not the changes, it's the failure of those making the changes to communicate. In the words of George Bernard Shaw, "The single biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place."
I get it and maybe I turned this into more than just a hunting points system scam reply, which I know we all hate, into more than hunter money into towns reply. I said tourist in general and should have said these towns that rely on hunters money. My main thing is this does not surprise me, points systems suck, period !

Actually the exploitation seems to be rather symbiotic. Residents exploit NR for their money and NR exploit western states for a resource they may or may not have access to at home.

The level of intellectual discourse on HT seems to have slipped markedly over the years.

Template:

1. Post about point system
2. Respond with complaint about point system.
3. Make allegation economic collapse is imminent without NR dollars
4. Respond with butthurt about whiny NR
5. Repeat.
6. At some point complain about paying for federal lands.

Last edited by a moderator:
Actually the exploitation seems to be rather symbiotic. Residents exploit NR for their money and NR exploit western states for a resource they may or may not have access to at home.

The level of intellectual discourse on HT seems to have slipped markedly over the years.

Template:

2. Reaping with complaint about point system.
3. Make allegation economic collapse is imminent with NR dollars
5. Repeat.

Template:

2. Respond with complaint about point system.
3. Make allegation economic collapse is imminent without NR dollars
5. Repeat.

You gotta admit the discourse is a bit different when it comes to say New Mexico, which I would argue is the gold standard of the draw.

Sure, the NR allocation is heinous, outfitters pillage, prices are crazy, etc. but it doesn't feel like a bunch of baboons are running things.

MT has become the poster child for gross incompetence in running a draw system, to the point where even the level headed among us are like... yeah there is a decent chance Jersey Greg is just handing out sheep tags to his buddies.

I wouldn't make that comment about any other state, but MT... greater than zero chance for sure.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CheyenneKennedy
Back