Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Fully Automatic Weapon Process

It’s straightforward. A form to fill out. Fingerprints. Pay. Endless wait. The rules are pretty simple to understand. Start saving now for the ammo.
Is it along the same lines as obtaining a suppressor or sbr? Like a $200 tax stamp, and ppw for each firearm?

Is it along the same lines as obtaining a suppressor or sbr? Like a $200 tax stamp, and ppw for each firearm?
Well from what I'm researching its a little bit more complicated than that depending on where you live. Some states regulate them further than what the federal government does. Some states you can can get around a "ban" on automatic weapons by applying and becoming a household FFL dealer with an SOT

You'd have to pay exorbitant sums to get a pre-ban (86), the crappy MACs are about the cheapest you can get. Otherwise you'll need a good investment of time, hassle and money to become an FFL with SOT.

A friend of mine collects vintage military; I know he has a Vickers and a Colt-Browning 1895. He just pays the $200 every time he finds one cheap (relatively speaking). And there are deals to be had if you go to shows and have money and are patient. I know for sure he didn't pay anywhere near 20 grand for either.

The biggest hurdle you may encounter is finding a place to actually shoot it. I use to cohost machine gun shoots and many guys spoke about not having many places to shoot or having to travel hours to a range that allowed it.
Not sure how much that factors in to states with lots of public land though. In my worthless opinion I don’t see much value in them these day unless you are a millionaire. Most of the guys I know that really did well bought the bulk of their collections in the 80’s and early 90’s.

That said it is fun to hunt hogs with a MP5SD.

For me its about the collectable and just being able to shoot it every once in a while. unfortunately, I don't think there is a way around WI's law after having now fully dug into their statutes.

Hear me out here....buy it illegally like every other criminal who doesn't really care if they can legally own a gun or not. That's my plan.
I'd like to keep my hunting rights just in case I would get caught and handed a felony...

For me its about the collectable and just being able to shoot it every once in a while. unfortunately, I don't think there is a way around WI's law after having now fully dug into their statutes.
If your looking for collectable and something to shoot every once while in restrictive state look into a Barret 50.they are all kinds of fun to shoot..but you do pay for the ammo, even if you find a deal on mil surplus shipping will kill you.

Back