Friday tunes with a fiddle….

The Bad Boy of Cape Breton, Ashley MacIsaac. He plays his fiddle "Hendrix Style". He plays left handed, but does not re-string the instrument.
He is also almost as famous for flashing his junk high kicking in a kilt on the Conan O'brian show.

also Schindlers List. The violin "hauntingly" works in that movie

You say fiddle, I say violin.

Dave, this reminds me of the first time we visited Vienna. We were told, if you want to hear fiddle music, you need to go to Ireland, and they were not smiling when they told us.

For me, fiddle music always makes me want to find Travolta and dance, Violin music makes me want to sip wine and cry ;)

also Schindlers List. The violin "hauntingly" works in that movie

Dave, this reminds me of the first time we visited Vienna. We were told, if you want to hear fiddle music, you need to go to Ireland, and they were not smiling when they told us.

For me, fiddle music always makes me want to find Travolta and dance, Violin music makes me want to sip wine and cry ;)
We went to a dinner show in Dublin and they could sure make you stomp your feet! The "violin" music really isn't my style (really?) but there's something about her Irish accent coming through and the harmonies in this song that make me listen. They do a few more that I like, but this one is the best.

Back