Fear of Lost Keys

Two is one, one is none? Is that how the saying goes? I am a big fan of three, yep, three truck keys. Not getting home after a hunt won't be due to a lost key....that's my OCD kicking in I guess.

The key for me is using the same spot every time. They go in my back packs “critical pocket” along with my wallet and licenses. I only open it at the truck, after a kill, and when absolutely necessary. Putting one in a snack pocket is asking for trouble. I have never carried an extra, but I feel I should.

The key for me is using the same spot every time. They go in my back packs “critical pocket” along with my wallet and licenses. I only open it at the truck, after a kill, and when absolutely necessary. Putting one in a snack pocket is asking for trouble. I have never carried an extra, but I feel I should.

Today when I headed out turkey hunting it reminded me that I have an Apple AirTag on my keys! Pretty slick.

I have a pile of them so the man can track all my shiz; wallet, keys, bino case (I had one stolen), and my mountain bike (had one of those stolen too).

For my hunting pants that don't have zippered pockets, I sewed a small key ring into the bottom of a pocket. My keychain has a small carabiner that I clip to the ring.

I have a spare key hidden in a key magnet designed for vehicles. It's on my frame

I have a small carabiner on my keys. There’s a loop in the top of my pack that I can hook it to. If I’m just carrying my chest rig there’s a zippered pocket and the keys will be the only thing in it.

County park, sunny day in December with family. I dragged a picnic table to the middle of a frozen lake for lunch, beers, and ice fishing. It got warm enough to take off my coat and I set it on the table.

Later a gust of wind blew my coat off the table and pitched my key ring out of my pocket into one of the holes in the ice.

Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tzog
Back