Favorite animal to hunt?

captaincoot

You guys and gals know the question. Ducks is number 1 for me. But I'm from Iowa and the only thing with fierce teeth and hairy are the women:D

My favorite animal to hunt is archery antelope. Elk will be my favorite when I get one this year and take the title of Colorado's Sexiest Elk Hunter. I'm 0-5 on archery elk, but this is my year.

Chasing piggies around the Fla swamps was as near to nirvana" as I think I've come. 'Lopes are cool too. Opening day of dove season is a blast. Uhhhhh, oh yea, missing ground squirrels, at long range, is nice for a relaxing afternoon range.

Mule deer. Hands down. With a bow preferably but other methods are cool too.

Calling coyotes is second followed by everything else I have a tag for or is legal.

Dall Sheep. Now, if I only had the opportunity to hunt them.

Bowhunting whitetail. However, I'm giving archery elk in Montana a try in a couple weeks, so that may change my favorite.

Archery elk. Everyone else that hasn't responded to this thread yet agrees with me.

I'll respond and agree. Their size, vocalizations, meat, habitat and September weather leaves everything else a distant 2nd to me. I'd travel great distances to hunt them even if I didn't live in Idaho. After a screaming bull leaves you with an adrenaline high you get to enjoy a year or more of great meals.

right now I would say highcountry mulies, bugling bulls and gobbling turkeys are real fun too

I thoroughly enjoy big game hunting, but I LOVE watching a bird dog work...so bird hunting. So much so I'm gunning for Blues, Ruffs, Chuks, Huns, AND Ptarmigan this year...and maybe some quail too.

Spring turkey hunting. Similar to elk hunting in the rut though I never worry about the meat spoiling or how many trips will be needed for the pack out.

Nothing better than chasing mature high country muley bucks, hardest trophy to find and get anymore(not counting once in a life time tag draws). Then spring turkey's, poor mans elk hunting but less pressure and less logistical stress.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rifleman270
Back