Caribou Gear Tarp

Elk Burger

An egg yoke. Mix in worchestershire, some onion, chopped mushrooms, your favorite seasonings, and be real delicate with it on the grill. Love stuffed burgers.

Teriyaki marinade and breadcrumbs.

Crack some pepper and maybe some slap yo mama seasoning
Patty and wa la

Put a thin coat of yellow mustard on before grilling, Johnny's and cracked pepper.

Thanks for all the replies. I should of been more specific. I was meaning, what to add to elk meat as you are getting ready to grind it up to make elk burger.

I'm with the above two- grind it pure than add whatever you want later. Adding pig or cow to game meat seems like defeating the purpose to me.

Nothing for me for elk burger.....salt, pepper, and sear w/olive oil (no grilling). No chili, stew, spaghetti sauce, meat loaf, etc....can't beat the natural flavor.

I agree. I've tried my elk burger with beef fat added and without. I prefer it without the beef fat added. You can always add you favorite spices when cooking.

Grind 12 pounds of venison, five pounds of the cheap, greasy beef and three pounds of bacon pieces and you will never want a different burger again! You can also add pickled jalapenos to spice it up a bit. Throw in some high-temp cheese if you like that approach.

I've added both beef and pig to my burger. Pig without a doubt is better. Trying to stay around 5% or less is desirable. It last longer in the freezer than beef too.

Don't add a thing to the ground meat. If making sausage will add some pork or bacon ends & pieces.

First: All burgers, venison or no, need fat. Period. My preferred ratio is 80 percent meat, 20 percent pork fat. I dislike beef tallow; it’s too waxy for me. Ditto for lamb fat, although that is a step up in my book.

I like it leaner but 20% would sure taste good. I'm getting hungry now.

Back