Dropped: Project Alaska

This show is ridiculous, and must have been edited by a beginner. Tonights episode had about 4 minutes of actual content. The rest was fluff, or replay.

I gave the first episode a pass, figuring it might get better. After waiting 2 weeks for the second episode, I'm done with it.

The narrator implied that they were in grizzly country, the guy's had their Nikon bino harnesses on, but no rifle in sight for their "pack out." Continuity is basic film making.

It's "made for tv" only buys so much of my time. I can tolerate product placement if there is some content, but this is just over the top. I've seen their bows numerous times, but have yet to see an arrow, guess they couldn't get an arrow sponsor...

This show is ridiculous, and must have been edited by a beginner. Tonights episode had about 4 minutes of actual content. The rest was fluff, or replay.

I gave the first episode a pass, figuring it might get better. After waiting 2 weeks for the second episode, I'm done with it.

The narrator implied that they were in grizzly country, the guy's had their Nikon bino harnesses on, but no rifle in sight for their "pack out." Continuity is basic film making.

It's "made for tv" only buys so much of my time. I can tolerate product placement if there is some content, but this is just over the top. I've seen their bows numerous times, but have yet to see an arrow, guess they couldn't get an arrow sponsor...

I have to agree 100%. I was a little let down with this episode as well. They spent more time crying after the shot than anything I think. LOL.

Another thing I thought was crazy was their cache. I have never hunted like this, but with bears in the area is it really a good idea to just leave the meat on the ground on branches? I don't see any tress so I guess it's not like they have much choice.

Add me to the list of 'let down' after the second episode.

You would think their backpack sponser (Badlands) would have at least shown them how to properly adjust their packs...neither of these two had it right! Perhaps they've never had the chance to wear one before...

Dustin, it's tough to carry arrows when one of your bows doesn't even have a quiver to hold one!

I haven't seen the second episode but am looking forward to it reguardless of how crappy the production is? Cool to see that country up there, not many ever will.

I'm pretty sure I recall seeing one or both of them packing a Glock in the first episode.

The whole 'bear' thing is way over played IMO. I'm more afraid of bears in MT than I am up here. You're more likely to die in the bush flight in/out than by bear attack. I'd be more worried that a bear would destroy my camp or raft while I was away.

I've staged lots and lots of meat on branches and stumps. The key to meat preservation is getting it up off the ground so air can circulate and keeping it dry. I presume they have a bear fence to protect their gear/meat?

Way too much drama. They have so much gear it's hard to believe they are in any more danger than any other hunter who ventures into the wilderness for more than an afternoon. Maybe even less. I like the scenery and the music is good. It sounds like Curtis Steigers but it doesn't say in the credits.

You would think their backpack sponser (Badlands) would have at least shown them how to properly adjust their packs...neither of these two had it right! Perhaps they've never had the chance to wear one before...

!

I noticed that as well.

I think their pack issue was their holster choice. If you where your sidearm in a traditional holster(like they were), you look cool, but it will totally be in the way of your packs suspension system. Need a tactical style, or something to get it below the waist belt of your pack.

I need to get a life.

Adjustable and Badlands??? Should those words be muttered in the same sentence? I think they're doing well if they can get one to stay on their shoulders. :D

In the first episode one brother always was adjusting his pack. My brother and I packed a smaller caribou with all our gear but only 1 mile. I remember both of our packs looking larger than theirs. Who is carrying the rest of the guns/gear/caribou on this '2 brothers against Alaska' hunt?
I have hunted hard for a caribou and wept when I finally got one.
I'll watch the show because I love Alaska and hunting. I don't believe the show meets up to the advertising but perhaps I expected too much.

I like it but it could be a whole lot more. I would love to see what Randy would do if this was his show. So far, I will keep watching.

I stumbled upon this masterpiece yesterday and was immediately nauseated. It only took a few minutes for me to figure out that there is something seriously wrong with the show. For me, its the narration. The narrator, sounds like Matt Muenster, from the DIY channel and Bathtastic fame. I expected him to be building them a designer out house on a sand bar in "moose country".

I watched a couple episodes the other night while working out on the elliptical.

As bad as it is, it is a big step up from a guy sitting in a tree stand whispering about the big buck about to walk by that they have 14 years worth of trail camera pictures on.

The brothers did seem a little bit green and the narrator and the drama seems a little overdone, but the country is pretty and it will be interesting to see some of the pitfalls along the way.

I watched the "Down the River" episode last night. Thought the scenery was great. Liked seeing the wolf dens as well. The show however was a complete letdown. All fluff and like someone said- lots of repeat footage. I will watch one more episode before I write it off but I don't have high expectations for things to change.

I own 3 Badlands packs and they are all great packs! As far as the show goes.....blah, blah, frickin' BLAH! Not impressed.

I have watched it thus far. I dont quite understand the point or the plot. They are supposed to be living off the land, but in the last episode they had coffee? Did they bring whiskey too? Also they killed a caribou and now want another caribou and a moose. Those boys can put down the meat I guess! No wonder they were able to loose a pound a day! It's easy to loose a pound a day if you have it to loose! Im not going to watch it anymore. Its kind of like The Jersey Shore. Fun to watch for the gratuitous humor, but very hard to take serious. They have a camera crew too, you could see the camera guys in the background. So are the camera guys living off the land too? Do you think the brothers can resist asking for snacks from the camera crew cache when the going gets tough?
Seems like a joke to me. I'll stick with OYOA.

This show is just like 97% of all the others....it's scripted.

I think both of their shows and a few others do have good videography and production quality but they lack authenticity.

Yes it is TV and entertainment but that isn't really what I'm looking for. I see enough of that when the wife makes me watch Real Housewives of Orange County on Bravo. (You know you've watched it).

Back