Dianne Feinstein proposed bill

muleguy

(from her website)
Summary of 2013 legislation
Following is a summary of the 2013 legislation:
•Bans the sale, transfer, importation, or manufacturing of:
•120 specifically-named firearms;
•Certain other semiautomatic rifles, handguns, shotguns that can accept a detachable magazine and have one or more military characteristics; and
•Semiautomatic rifles and handguns with a fixed magazine that can accept more than 10 rounds.
•Strengthens the 1994 Assault Weapons Ban and various state bans by:
•Moving from a 2-characteristic test to a 1-characteristic test;
•Eliminating the easy-to-remove bayonet mounts and flash suppressors from the characteristics test; and
•Banning firearms with “thumbhole stocks” and “bullet buttons” to address attempts to “work around” prior bans.
•Bans large-capacity ammunition feeding devices capable of accepting more than 10 rounds.
•Protects legitimate hunters and the rights of existing gun owners by:
•Grandfathering weapons legally possessed on the date of enactment;
•Exempting over 900 specifically-named weapons used for hunting or sporting purposes; and
•Exempting antique, manually-operated, and permanently disabled weapons.
•Requires that grandfathered weapons be registered under the National Firearms Act, to include:
•Background check of owner and any transferee;
•Type and serial number of the firearm;
•Positive identification, including photograph and fingerprint;
•Certification from local law enforcement of identity and that possession would not violate State or local law; and
•Dedicated funding for ATF to implement registration

•Banning firearms with “thumbhole stocks” and “bullet buttons” to address attempts to “work around” prior ban

That mean my wolf hunting rifle? :confused:

We all know thumbhole stocks contribute soooooo much to the body count in mass killings...

Hold on to your guns boys, the idiots are in control of this ride...

Was hopeful you might be reporting she had passed on following a short illness but was comforted by her family which was by her bedside

We really need the government to protect us from ourselves.

Though I respect their opinions, pillow biting gun grabbers are among the dumbest people on the planet.

OK, What the heck is a "Bullet Button"? John

I was curious as well. Found this:

http://www.riflegear.com/p-58-ar15-bullet-button.aspx

58.jpg

The Bullet Button is a product that allows the shooter to drop a magazine with the use of a tool. It prevents finger manipulation of the mag release, and creates a condition allowable under current individual interpretations of California law.
This does not create a detachable mag situation, but creates an attachable-fixed magazine condition. A bullet tip can be used as the tool, as can any small object such as Allen wrench, or small screwdriver.

This is what the libtards want.. a ban of way more then "assault rifles" And if it gets to gun hating Obama's desk to be signed in, he will do it. He has no re-election worries and his past voting record will shine through.

· Expands the definition of “assault weapon” by including:

· Three very popular rifles: The M1 Carbine (introduced in 1944 and for many years sold by the federal government to individuals involved in marksmanship competition), a model of the Ruger Mini-14, and most or all models of the SKS.

· Any “semiautomatic, centerfire, or rimfire rifle that has a fixed magazine with the capacity to accept more than 10 rounds,” except for tubular-magazine .22s.

· Any “semiautomatic, centerfire, or rimfire rifle that has an overall length of less than 30 inches,” any “semiautomatic handgun with a fixed magazine that has the capacity to accept more than 10 rounds,” and any semi-automatic handgun that has a threaded barrel.

· Requires owners of existing “assault weapons” to register them with the federal government under the National Firearms Act (NFA). The NFA imposes a $200 tax per firearm, and requires an owner to submit photographs and fingerprints to the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (BATFE), to inform the BATFE of the address where the firearm will be kept, and to obtain the BATFE’s permission to transport the firearm across state lines.

· Prohibits the transfer of “assault weapons.” Owners of other firearms, including those covered by the NFA, are permitted to sell them or pass them to heirs. However, under Feinstein’s new bill, “assault weapons” would remain with their current owners until their deaths, at which point they would be forfeited to the government.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I can only hope her bill never hits the floor of the House.

I have NFA registered weapons and let me tell you, if this would pass and AR's and what she considers to be AW's are required to be on the NFA list you will be waiting years to get them approved. There isn't a whole lot of weapons that are on the NFA list now and it takes 6 months to get approvals back at this time.

1 or more military characteristics.
My savage 111 fcns bolt action has a magazine it only holds 4 but isnt a detachable mag a miltiary characteristic?
It is also a black gun most miltitary guns are black.

PEAX Trekking Poles

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Openseason44
Back