NEW SITKA Ambient 75

D11 California Deer

I've bowhunted it for over 40 years. It's steep and rugged country, choked with thick brush and chaparral. Plenty of public land....find water sources, acorns, and sign....then scout a lot.

Yes. A31. Lots of animals in my opinion, very difficult to hunt due to what the last poster said. The drought hasn't helped any. This year I have the D11 tag, but will probably turn it in. Something a lot of tag holders don't know is that a D11 tag also gives you access to D13 and D15.

From the regs..
The deer hunting regulations specific to Zone D-11 (archery and general season) and any additional hunts are listed at the end of this sheet. To hunt deer in Zone D-11, hunters must either possess a Zone D-11, D-13 or D-15 deer tag which is valid in Zone D-11, D-13 or D-15 during the archery or general season using the appropriate method of take

P.S.

A lot of D11 is archery only. If you obtain the tag and need the map that delineates the portions in which you can use fire arms, send me a PM with your email and I will send it to you.

Last edited:
Actually, only a small portion of D-11 (that area within LA County firearm closure) is archery only.......it equates to less than an 1/8th of the entire unit.

Your right. Just feels like its a lot to me because I usually hunt A31, and getting outside of the archery only portion changes the geography for me. No intent on my part to dissuade the OP.

D11 is tough. I live here and hunted it 2 or 3 years, but don't hunt it anymore. But that's because ide rather hunt out of state.

That said, there are deer here, and there are some good bucks (by California standards) in the Archery areas. The last few years ive been paying attention to the deer more, and if I were to try it again, ide definitely go with hunting the A31 archery, and hunt adjacent to sub divisions and close to houses. Not really that exciting seeing houses right where your hunting at, but that's where a lot of the deer are. The deer are smart, its dry and dangerous high up in the hills, so they go where its green and where they are safe from the lions. I don't know when the A31 season is now, but if it were open, ide hunt the end of September. That's when bucks I have never seen start to show up and wander around looking for does. I thought these deer rut in November like a mulie, but I see the most action during the last week of September, but I start going out of state to hunt beginning of Oct so I stop paying attention then. Just my 2 cents.

Hunting maps

Yes. A31. Lots of animals in my opinion, very difficult to hunt due to what the last poster said. The drought hasn't helped any. This year I have the D11 tag, but will probably turn it in. Something a lot of tag holders don't know is that a D11 tag also gives you access to D13 and D15.

From the regs..
The deer hunting regulations specific to Zone D-11 (archery and general season) and any additional hunts are listed at the end of this sheet. To hunt deer in Zone D-11, hunters must either possess a Zone D-11, D-13 or D-15 deer tag which is valid in Zone D-11, D-13 or D-15 during the archery or general season using the appropriate method of take

P.S.

A lot of D11 is archery only. If you obtain the tag and need the map that delineates the portions in which you can use fire arms, send me a PM with your email and I will send it to you.

Hey i am pming you to see if u can help me out with a d11 map to show me where i can hunt with a rifle for deer hunting thanks

MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boxcutter223
Back