Cooking bobcat

Did you backpack your ez bake oven into the woods and all your utensils, then prepare it at coyote spike camp like rinella and the boys?
No that was cooked at home I have my limits

Never hunted Lynx rufus (bobcat) but have read lots of books about mountain men and some prized meat from the Puma concolor, (cougar) above all others.

Scientific names because you have to be careful with this crowd. ;)

Never hunted Lynx rufus (bobcat) but have read lots of books about mountain men and some prized meat from the Puma concolor, (cougar) above all others.

Scientific names because you have to be careful with this crowd. ;)
The real spycraft involves lat/long and deadline dates.

I’ve caught bobcat trapping. I’ve ate a few. It’s ok but I’m not interested in making it a regular meal.

Does anyone have any suggestions about how to cook bobcat. My wife is planning to cook the front shoulders off the cat for me, any suggestions?
Update: Ate the bobcat tonight, first thought was it taste like wild pork but not quite as good. It was good enough that I will finish the rest of the cat, I have a buddy that wants to try a hindquarter. I don’t have the chance to kill them very often but usually don’t shoot them with a gun. This was my first with a bow.

Attachments

• IMG_4033.jpeg
    IMG_4033.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 6
I'm going to be brining, rubbing, and smoking a bobcat next weekend. I've been talking about trying it for years, finally gonna send it when I've got a bunch of buddies in town for the outdoor show.

PEAX Trekking Poles

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elkslayer38
Back