Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

commission approves reducing elk herds

Sad to mention, but where are your Happy Meals going to come from?
JMHO, but I think it comes to a point where fewer domestic animals per allotment. Are we willing to pay more for beef?
Granted, I would rather eat the lean critters in our forests, but just the way it is and will continue in the future, unless?

Sad to mention, but where are your Happy Meals going to come from?
JMHO, but I think it comes to a point where fewer domestic animals per allotment. Are we willing to pay more for beef?
Granted, I would rather eat the lean critters in our forests, but just the way it is and will continue in the future, unless?

Less than 3% of the beef in the US comes off of public lands. Then narrow that down to those raised off the public lands in region 3 and I think the price of beef going up or down is insignificant from what ever happens there.

As my dad stated. Cattle and Elk have been co-mingling for hundred years or so. Why is this now such a big deal???
Others know the deal better than me, but brucellosis was introduced about 100 years ago to Yellowstone bison/elk by (ironically) cattle. Since then they managed to eradicate it from the cattle, but now brucellosis is spreading unchecked in the wild elk and bison herds.

GOHUNT Insider

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Failure2Adapt
Back