Co 12 23 24

Darby Finley, Meeker office. Don't have his number, but you can look up the office number on their website.

This one may be more helpful, although difficult to read. Generally if you ask for the "biologist" for an area, they are going to direct you to the District Wildlife Manager (game warden). That's probably who you want to talk to first. Each Area has a terrestrial wildlife biologist as well (e.g., Darby Finley in Meeker). You can ask for the DWM when you call by referring to the numbers on this district map, as these are the radio call numbers for the officers (e.g., Wildlife 422). You will almost certainly get a voicemail and have to leave a message. http://cpw.state.co.us/learn/Maps/Districts.pdf

I wanted to talk to biologist once and called the Denver office to ask for his number. They gave it to me and I called and left a message. It took about a week, but he did call me. He was pretty cool and helpful.

Who needs a biologist when you have Oak? :cool: Half joking of course, but he is a pretty good guy when it comes to helping folks out.

Oak is giving out good advice. i spoke with Darby a lot planning my first elk hunt. He went out of his way to help me, even met me at the office and marked up some maps. He made nothing but a good impression.

I will add this though. Don't discount your own research too much. Weigh advice you get from the folks out there with what you learn from your studies. Unless they come up with a deal breaker i.e. That population has collapsed etc balance their advice with what you know and learn. Sometimes you can find opportunity the biologist might not be aware of fully.

Again I have nothing but good to say about all the CPW staff I have talked to. I'm calling one this afternoon as a matter of fact.
HD

GOHUNT Insider

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Juicer52
Back