Caribou Gear

Chalk up another...:)!

thecrittergitter

Well, what a totally awesome season capper! Traditional thanksgiving weekend hunting with the family!! Took the boys back to western montana and hunted with dad as we do every year. Dad was on his last roll of Salami so the first 4 point was going to get it..........and it did:)

Attachments

• Papa Buck 1 small.jpg
    Papa Buck 1 small.jpg
    86.2 KB · Views: 760
  • Papa Buck 2 small.jpg
    Papa Buck 2 small.jpg
    85.2 KB · Views: 739
  • Boys Hiking small.jpg
    Boys Hiking small.jpg
    84 KB · Views: 745
  • Braden Shed small.JPG
    Braden Shed small.JPG
    121.9 KB · Views: 739
And another:)........

My wife had a cow tag for the area we were hunting and I still had a bull tag sitting in my pocket....well, we found a group of cows but alas, momma was home with the other three kids:) And here is a before and after shot of Braden. Before, when we spotted the elk, after, when I explained why we weren't going to shoot one for mom:)LOL He seemed to think it would be ok to shoot one for mom but I explained the rules of having to shoot her own elk, and he didn't like it.........as evidenced by the look:)

Attachments

• Braden after no shoot small.jpg
    Braden after no shoot small.jpg
    69.8 KB · Views: 734
  • Braden Spots Elk small.jpg
    Braden Spots Elk small.jpg
    67.1 KB · Views: 730
Oh, now and another....

And as luck would have it, I guess I was destined to cap off a ridiculous good season with a buck I found last year. I named him..........mr eyeguards, I think you will see why:) I let him go last year as I saw his potential to be a great buck if he could make it through season. Well, he made it!............At least until we met this year;) He isn't a giant, but I couldn't resist with over 10 inch eyeguards...........What a way to cap off the season on the last day:hump:

Attachments

• Matt Buck 1 small.jpg
    Matt Buck 1 small.jpg
    55.4 KB · Views: 732
  • Braden putting Sneak on small.jpg
    Braden putting Sneak on small.jpg
    64.1 KB · Views: 719
  • Cross River 2 small.jpg
    Cross River 2 small.jpg
    52 KB · Views: 727
  • Matt Buck 2 small.jpg
    Matt Buck 2 small.jpg
    56.7 KB · Views: 719
  • small.JPG
    small.JPG
    106.2 KB · Views: 722
Nice effort with the kids CG...certainly got to cherish all those days you have with them on the hunt and a very
good looking buck on the last day!! Love the shooting stick.

Last edited:
Congrats on a last inning homer. I was hoping for similar last minute success but ended up with a tag sitting in my pocket. Way to get it done with your boys in tow. Beautiful cape on your buck, I hope you saved it.

I literally LOL'd when I saw that. Fun weekend....nice way to cap the season.

Congrats on a last inning homer. I was hoping for similar last minute success but ended up with a tag sitting in my pocket. Way to get it done with your boys in tow. Beautiful cape on your buck, I hope you saved it.

About the cape........I'm so bummed, but the cape did not make it. Apparently a 180 berger bullet will put an exit wound in one that would just piss the taxidermist off, so I'm gonna have to get another one.

I agree though, was a beautiful cape without the damage.....dangit!

Love the "dang game laws" face! Yet another great three generation outing. A wonderful adventure made even better with great harvests.

Wow, great year & great company!! Those younguns look like they are having the time of their lives, congrats!

ElKNut1

Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MontanaPete59102
Back