Can We All PLEASE Remove Unit Numbers From Thread Titles!!!!!

yeah I'm sure you have, but over the years all I see is "do your home work", don't post units....blah. blah...blah...I see very little help ever given, but maybe that is just me. I get it, do some homework, but I see very little help ever given versus those snide comments. That to me makes it more of a grab and grin...but whatev...
Yeah, you wouldn't see it, because it happens via PM. So that the information given out isn't publicly searchable.

And of course there are going to be snide comments when people roll in 2 weeks before the season "not asking for any honey holes" but "wanting to know about unit xyz". It's like a form letter how similar every thread is.

yeah I'm sure you have, but over the years all I see is "do your home work", don't post units....blah. blah...blah...I see very little help ever given, but maybe that is just me. I get it, do some homework, but I see very little help ever given versus those snide comments. That to me makes it more of a grab and grin...but whatev...

This and fishing spots are probably more protected than Epstein’s guest book.

I signed up to see what kind of luck people have had across my state so far this season and ended up with a good laugh at some of these comments 🤣 thanks for making my night guys!!

Nope, I’m not tied to any unit and enjoy going other places. I’ve never struggled to fill a tag no matter how bad one thinks it’s crowded. My MT unit was hailed as the Orange line and Newberg burned it. I killed my bull on day 3. Work harder

If you don’t think Michigan has the same angry spot talks then you’ve never hunted here.
Let’s see a pic of this warlock

Instead of getting worked up about it, use it as a possible advantage. There's always a handful of threads on the internet about any unit in Colorado. Write down the areas that are suggested, stay away from those areas, possibly find less traffic in spots not discussed. You're not going to stop anyone from posting unit numbers, use your energy elsewhere. From personal experience, shows like Fresh Tracks and Meat eater funnel wayyyyyyy more traffic into specific units/areas than some random person on rokslide

Last edited:
Made someone needs to come up with a secret decoder ring for units based on number of messages in the forum. Takes one thousand posts to get the code.

Something like add 11 to the unit number to get the real deal.

Instead of getting worked up about it, use it as a possible advantage. There's always a handful of threads on the internet about any unit in Colorado. Write down the areas that are suggested, stay away from those areas, possibly find less traffic in spots not discussed. You're not going to stop anyone from posting unit numbers, use your energy elsewhere. From personal experience, shows like Fresh Tracks and Meat eater funnel wayyyyyyy more traffic into specific units/areas than some random person on rokslide
Which, ironically, along with:

Sponsored hunters
Endorsements
TV shows
YouTube
24hr/rok
Facebook
Grip&grins
NRs
Not enough posts members
Outfitters
Crossbowers
Shed hunters
Late to the party-ers

Are all bad for hunting except if its:

HT "well knowners"
Fresh tracks
Randy Newberg

Doing it.

It's amazing. A hunting forum where a select amount complain that only hunting discussion should take place, and when hunting discussion does take place that doesnt give a knobby to the short list...it's "ruining MY hunting".

Your unbolded section, which is on point, is exactly what led me to my successes in business, and in the field. Though excuses in both are always prevalent.

Btw- nice profile pic. Stealing that

Made someone needs to come up with a secret decoder ring for units based on number of messages in the forum. Takes one thousand posts to get the code.

Something like add 11 to the unit number to get the real deal.
If math is involved I'm out.

Yeah, you wouldn't see it, because it happens via PM. So that the information given out isn't publicly searchable.

And of course there are going to be snide comments when people roll in 2 weeks before the season "not asking for any honey holes" but "wanting to know about unit xyz". It's like a form letter how similar every thread is.
I wasn't too serious when I asked, I looked at maps, read stats, tried to get info on weather patterns, etc. I won't do it anymore I'm sorry.

To take it one step further if anyone wants to share where they are hunting (in MT) I will do my best not to be there.

I thought the point of forums was to spread doubt and disinfo whenever a unit name is brought up
Yeah this is the internet. I can be who I always wanted to be and I do things that are unbelievable all the time. Some people never grasp this.

MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CCEAB
Back