Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

CA 2023 draw results

Just the usual unsuccessful and 2nd choice b zone tags.

Nothing special here just D zone like normal, I put in for one of the
Better tags in the state knowing a couple go random draw. hoping to cash in points next year for deer with my dad; doesn’t look like we will catch x12 before he
Can’t hunt anymore. Think we have narrowed it down to 2 of the northern X- zones for next year. Hoping to have 1 premium zone hunt with him before he can’t make it out anymore

Group took 5 tags out of an X - zone for deer. Not the most coveted zone but I will be able to put in plenty of scouting time. Confident that we will get into plenty of good bucks. Other than that, all the long shots were a bust.

Season will be otc CA archery deer, WY archery elk (+wolf?), then back for CA x-zone rifle. Finish off with CA otc rifle deer if I strike out during archery. Throw a CA bear in the mix too. Then ducks, pig, and lots of fishing. Great year!!

Wow! Turns out my nephew, a Cali resident, drew the Clark/Kingston Desert Bighorn random tag. Amazing!
That’s rad, helped my buddy guide a hunter last year. Tough unit but we ended up getting it done. They also have silver sheep out there which was rad to glass up.

Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rds
Back