Buying binos sucks

Bigjay73

In a good way, there's too many options these days. Trying to narrow down which brands alone is daunting, much less picking out a specific model. Unless you're dead set on the best glass out there, picking out a mid level pair in the $500-1000 range is tricky, for every 5 good reviews on a pair, there's 5 bad reviews. Its almost as difficult as picking a single beer out of 200 at a local brewery

In a good way, there's too many options these days. Trying to narrow down which brands alone is daunting, much less picking out a specific model. Unless you're dead set on the best glass out there, picking out a mid level pair in the $500-1000 range is tricky, for every 5 good reviews on a pair, there's 5 bad reviews. Its almost as difficult as picking a single beer out of 200 at a local brewery
Buy once, cry once, never regret it.

SWARO

Buy a couple raffle tickets for the rmbs swaros.

I have an expensive pair, looking for something in the middle for bird watching with the wife, keep in the truck etc

I have an expensive pair, looking for something in the middle for bird watching with the wife, keep in the truck etc
Your eyes gotta tell you whether or not the reviews are factual or not. I’ve learned that binos are kind of fitted for your eyes like boots. Vortex fits my eyes well but it may not yours.

Except Swaros. They fit everyone’s eyes.

Buying binos after you somehow lose your ls sucks. Lost a pair of vortex razor 12x50 uhd on way home from Colorado last September. Not sure how I managed that.
Buy once cry once just don’t lose them and need to buy again.

Check out Tract optics I have good luck with them I scratched a lens they took them back and gave me the new model at NO CHARGE plus’s they are very bright and good for early morn and dusk to dark I am impressed and pleased with them I would buy them again. John

I bought maven 15's and love them. My hunting partner runs swaro ELs and BTX.

They all stay put away unless I'm glassing one spot for over an hour now that I've bought Sig Zulu6 stabilizing binos. Game changers.

Multiple guys have reported that they stopped carrying their Swaro NLs. Sounds insane until you try them in the field.

Work up your own "test" criteria. Then, buy from someone with Free Returns. If you don't like them or they fail your test in any way, return them.

Btw, I like Tracts, but they have no dealers. You have to buy from them which is their explanation for why you get very good binoculars for the price.

UHDs can be had for 1100-1300 on aaoptics.com - these are a good buy for that.

Mavens buy/try program is solid if you want to compare. The 11x45 mavens are supposed to be great. I have b 1 10x42s, looked through b1.2 10x42s and they were great. Impressively great.

Nothing is swaros....

Meopta was pretty affordable for the quality, I haven’t looked at their pricing lately. From my understanding it’s Czech glass made in the same factory as NF optics.

I’m trying to save up for some NL pures.

Meopta was pretty affordable for the quality, I haven’t looked at their pricing lately. From my understanding it’s Czech glass made in the same factory as NF optics.

I’m trying to save up for some NL pures.
AFAIK NF is made in japan.

Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CrownDitch
Back