Caribou Gear Tarp

Brief report from Utah

I know you'll stay with it and be victorious! Can't wait for the next update!

Fourteen does and a forkie to show for miles of hiking yesterday. Some of the rougher country I've ever chased mule deer in. Four of the seven tag users have been in the Basin we've been hunting the last three days. Too small of an area for that much pressure.

Liver needs a break, so we pulled camp this morning and headed to a little town where we grabbed a room. Going to try sleep it off and be out for the evening hunt. After today, two days left. We are now in discovery mode, falling back on plan B or C.

Thought you would like to see the break-in process on the new Titan paint job.
20160824_095943.jpg

As for the Sitka questions, they asked a few of us to test something new this season.

As for the Sitka questions, they asked a few of us to test something new this season.

Good luck Fin, rest up and give em hell the last couple days. Co-Worker and I are headed to the north Slope on Saturday for 2 weeks of spike camp, should pull a decent bull or two off hopefully!

Dang! Public land, mule deer, plus bow n arrow is challenging and you always make the best of it. Thanks for the updates.
Cool camo pattern too. Wish I still had Sitka Pro Deal.

Dang, hope you can heal up a bit, and get back out there. Take care of yourself first, long season ahead yet.

Woke from a short nap to find Marcus downloading footage. He sent me this screen shot of the buck having just got out of his bed to see what the ruckus was.

By the time I ranged him, got it nocked, and drew back, he had taken more steps than I estimated.

Screen Shot 2016-08-24 at 12.26.18 PM.jpg

Below is just before the shot. I whistled and he stopped to look back, giving a quartering away profile about two steps after this. Marcus had dropped to a knee to steady the image and I had to stand to get a shooting lane over the rock. Wait until you see the marmot climb the top of that rock between me and the deer, just as the arrow releases. Dude was Jones'n to be a TV star and almost got nailed by an arrow.

Screen Shot 2016-08-24 at 12.27.28 PM.jpg

Off exploring for the afternoon hunt.

you shouldn't take it out on your truck just because you missed good luck!

Fourteen does and a forkie to show for miles of hiking yesterday. Some of the rougher country I've ever chased mule deer in. Four of the seven tag users have been in the Basin we've been hunting the last three days. Too small of an area for that much pressure.

Liver needs a break, so we pulled camp this morning and headed to a little town where we grabbed a room. Going to try sleep it off and be out for the evening hunt. After today, two days left. We are now in discovery mode, falling back on plan B or C.

Thought you would like to see the break-in process on the new Titan paint job.
View attachment 60869

I buy my vehicles and hunting equipment to use as well, so a few dents, dings and scrapes is inevitable and in an odd sort of way adds character to the equipment, but I'm not even close to keeping pace with you. Good luck on this and your other hunts.

Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Big daddy
Back