Blackwater national refuge MD

skimerhorn

I'm thinking of putting in for the sika deer quota hunt here this year, has anyone ever hunted for them here?

I have not hunted in Blackwater but I have hunted the outskirts. Last year we did a big marsh drive and shot nineteen of those delicious rascals. I have never heard anything negative about the state managed lands and suggest you give it a try. You should think about an a hunt on Assateague Island for the sikas as well. Nothing else is like it and your harvest odds are great.

I will, I'm thinking of doing a late season shotgun hunt in Jan for them at blackwater. This will be my first time hunting for sika deer, any tips?

Check marylandwhitetail.com tons of info there and good people... I got banned from bowsite for posting this same advice. Hope Bigfin don't hammer me. :)

Hunted there a bunch. Muzzy season is your best bet IMO. Choose the units with mixed hardwoods and pine/phragmighties. Scout it! And find a spot where people will likely push deer to you.

Good luck!

There are some hammer whitetail bucks in that country too.

Hunted pretty close to black water, def some sikas in that marsh. Pretty hard to see sometimes in the fragmitties and thick pines.

Good luck. Beats an early season archery hunt for um. Never knew mosquitos existed like that in MD...... Still a great hunt.

Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CCEAB
Back