Caribou Gear

Big Fin - Question for you

Hey Randy what about Boxcar Willie .He did not write all the songs but who else could sing that good. He was a great performer.......

Damn, I forgot about him. Might go and load up the CD player with "Last Train to Heaven."

im not a fan of the newer country either, but i will have to give a shout out to keith urban. my wife likes him so we went to sacramento to see him in concert. although the music isnt my favorite, he did play for over 2 1/2 hours, which not alot of artist do. the coolest thing though, was he went up into the stands and played a song. when he was done, he took the guitar off, autographed it, and gave it to a lady with disabilities. rather it was for pr or not, it was still a very cool thing to do. so, gotta respect him for that!

I was bored this afternoon so I tuned in to celebrity rehab (I think it was on VH1), sometimes I like to see which rich person let's it all go. Anyway I saw Mindy Mcredy on there, it took some old shots of her to register who it was. She went from extremely hot to..... uhhhggg! She was into prescription drugs and she gained a ton of weight. To bad she is very talented, maybe she can turn her life around.

I think if me and Big Fin went hunting, we wouldn't be arguing about the music, especially Patty.

But I didn't realize so many people hated Brad...I guess you guys aren't guitar players?

But I didn't realize so many people hated Brad...I guess you guys aren't guitar players?

He is a damn good guitar player...one of the best. If not the best. His songs have just become very bubble gummish. He never should have toured with T Swift and Kellie Pickler. His songs haven't been the same since.

Anyway I saw Mindy Mcredy on there, it took some old shots of her to register who it was. She went from extremely hot to..... uhhhggg! She was into prescription drugs and she gained a ton of weight. To bad she is very talented, maybe she can turn her life around.

I know...I used to droll over her CD cover as if it were a playboy spread...too bad.

Gaaa!!! Long road trips to go hunting with your boy had to be hell for him. ;)

He converted me at a young age, but between the facts that new country isn't worth listening to, that I've listened to all the old country I currently have countless times, and that I'm now at college with some outside influences, classic rock is starting to grow on me...

I don't think I'll ever mind listening to what he plays on roadtrips though.

He converted me at a young age, but between the facts that new country isn't worth listening to, that I've listened to all the old country I currently have countless times, and that I'm now at college with some outside influences, classic rock is starting to grow on me...

I don't think I'll ever mind listening to what he plays on roadtrips though.

And you shouldn't (Just Patty ;) )...My dad taught me well too. That was the Benefit of being a college bronc buster's son. I'm thankful Dolly was never in my dads tape deck.

Cornell give these guys a try. Better yet catch em at a show. (When you are back home in Montana of course) And if you are lucky Robert Earl Keen might show up to play with them.

http://www.mickyandthemotorcars.com/
http://www.recklesskelly.com/
http://www.toddsnider.net/fr_index.cfm
http://www.thestragglers.com/

Last edited:
Give a listen to Stoney LaRue or just about any of the red dirt bunch....caught LaRue at a small unplugged venue...just he on acoustic plus a fidde player. The real deal talentwise.

Give a listen to Stoney LaRue or just about any of the red dirt bunch....caught LaRue at a small unplugged venue...just he on acoustic plus a fidde player. The real deal talentwise.

You an "old hippie" too? Or just into that type of music? I'm not familiar w/ Stoney LaRue, but it sounds like something I would like. Where'd you catch his show?

Yeah check out Stoney too...i hope he makes it back to Idaho this summer. Great show!!

Lyle Lovett puts on the best show by far. There's no way you can disagree if you've seen him with his Large Band. I think you've got to throw Robert Keen in there too.

Decided to take your word for it. Lyle is coming to town in July and that is my gift to my little lady for mothers day. Looking forward to the show and hoping it is good as you all say it is.

My wife was part of a state and national championship clogging team for years, and she still teaches a few classes each week. So I hear lots of bluegrass and traditional country. I like David Allen Coe (Longhaired Redneck), too, along with most of those mentioned above. Buck Owens and the Bakersfield sound.... listened to "Made in Japan" and Merle's "If We Make it Through December" in 'nam.

After seeing all the above mentioned I was sad to see that no one had mentioned Asleep at the Wheel. I can't remember the lead singers name but he is a hunting fool!

Johnny Paycheck did a concert about thirty years ago in the little town of Bucklin, Kansas(SE of Dodge) and it was just awful.

Caribou Gear

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rifleman270
Back