Big 3 Officially in

mtmiller

Let the MT permit excitement begin.

Third year putting in for goats....expecting my third goat permit in about 7 weeks.:rolleyes:

I am just waiting for my first sheep permit.....that's all.

Let the MT permit excitement begin.

Third year putting in for goats....expecting my third goat permit in about 7 weeks.:rolleyes:

I cannot believe you are through another waiting period. Doesn't seem like that long ago that you were hunting them. Maybe I've just been on this forum too long. :D

12 years here with all three including the squared points and all I expect is another disappointment. Reverse psychology ;)

zero

Still terrible odds.

Cool thing about this state, I know I will be hunting this season. Good luck.

I'm in for all 3 as well. Max sheep, 12 moose, and 11 goat IIRC. Every year I debate dumping my moose and goat points...then I break down and cut the check.

Swinging for the fences too...

Good luck to all.

I've gotten to the point where I get almost as excited when some regular on here draws a sweet tag so I'm able to live vicariously through their thread on here :hump:

Last edited:
I'm wanting sheep, bison, and hopefully grizzly someday to round out my ego appetite.

Max points on sheep, 1 point on moose, and riding the pine on goat.

M - 15
S - 15
G - 13

But, when everyone else has a gunny sack full of points, not sure those points provide much advantage.

A few years back I drew a moose with zero points. I'm still waiting out the after-tag period for moose permits.

3 goat and 2 sheep.

Here's to hoping.

0, 0, and 0. But MT was already kind to me this year without needing any points, maybe my luck will continue.

I can't complain too much, got a goat permit in 13. Feel pretty lucky to have gotten one at a somewhat young age. A sheep permit would be a dream. Long odds, but we can always hope. 14 points for me. Good luck everyone!

It'll be a travesty if you don't draw. Nobody who has gone 2/2 should have to go through the agony of having a bonus point :)

Statistics are a goofy thing. I drew one of, probably the hardest in the state, moose license with no points on my first year being old enough to hunt.
Burned up all my luck that year, apparently. Haven't drawn anything since.

I just want a little luck I dropped my moose points as a NR not worth the money/chance. I am sitting at 11 each for goat and sheep. Maybe some day if the ball rolls right.

2016 ..... Its the year of the Goat tag for this kid......14 Points for myself for the Goats. I want that tag more than any other tag. I have such huge respect for that animal. 4 Sheep points (I burned all my points on a ewe one year 9 freakin points what a mistake that was). Oh well it was still an awesome hunt and I was successful on a good ol ewe. Not back in the drawing this year for Moose, but I will be next year! Killed a nice Bridgers bull in 2009. Good Luck to all in the draw!

I'm going to drop my sheep and moose points. Will just stick with mountain goat. I honestly think I'm better off spending $70 on Super Tags for sheep than I am applying in the draw.

I'm going to drop my sheep and moose points. Will just stick with mountain goat. I honestly think I'm better off spending $70 on Super Tags for sheep than I am applying in the draw.

That's an interesting strategy. I've thought about doing the same thing in some other states for a few species.

13 for moose for me. First year applying for sheep, obvious long shot but at least there is a chance! A Montana moose tag is something I have been wanting since I started hunting at age 12! My brother drew one a few years back so when (if) I ever draw my only goal is to find one an inch bigger than his ;). Good luck to all!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrGeauxNewMexico
Back