Best Elk Mount for a small room/low ceiling....

I think a pedestal would be awesome and no bugle. I think taxidermists can get too cute with the veins showing and the outrageous nose wrinkles. I think the first picture is a bit overdone in that department. They can be appropriate in some poses but I have yet to shoot a bull that has a giant vein that is that noticeable on his nose. He does look like a good taxi though and making those features show up is hard to do.

Totally agree with your assesment Bart... I will talk to him about that... But it shows that he has the capability.. I like the velvet mount best.... Just clean and good looking!

I totally forgot about the possibility of using natural structures for the pedestal... THat is really getting my imagination going! But a nicely crafted cabinet is also an attractive idea........hmmmmm....

In taxi competitions they look and judge for things like that. I just don't remember looking through the spotter and seeing veins like that on elk. I'm sure he knows his stuff. I have seen some cool pedestals made from old barnwood.

We'll see. I have a woodshop and have the ability to build a good one...just have to figure out what I want it to be....

From this
00small25387831.JPG

To this...
00small28604320.JPG

To this...
post-3416-1286651313_thumb.jpg

To this...
00small16982242.JPG

ive got lots of time to decide..thats for sure...

Hey Bart, I found (on a forum he frequents) where this taxidermist said this about that mount with the ninja veins....
"My veining on that mount is over done" ...

That cleaned up stump for a pedestal is pretty darn cool, imo. Although that takes away from the cabinet idea.

I like the velvet mount the best of all those pics. Classic, relaxed elk going about his business. I don't go for dramatic mounts for the most part.

That mount Drake put up is awesome...don't mind me if you happen to come across a replica one day. with a different elk of course:hump:

Backwards deal for Moosie though... he Mounts it... THEN shoots it...

OK...get back on track here... I want more pics of pedestal elk mounts! (or pics of moosie/wife mounts...oh wait..that forum is gone now....dang you Fin.)

I sleep with ONE SHEEP and all of a sudden I get a bad reputation.....

HS, just ask nicely and Moosie will send you pics via cell phone...

Of my elk mount...... maybe ;)

Back on track (again .... :hump:), I like the low profile elk with the Stump and Rock on an octigon base.

Moosie-
I saw a thread awhile back about a 1/2 mount had done with your elk.
Got any pictures?

I'd say go with a low profile, full body mount, that shows your guests who runs the place... something like this:

Attachments

• elknuts.jpg
    elknuts.jpg
    80.8 KB · Views: 852
MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Loper96
Back