Yeti GOBOX Collection

Best Elk Mount for a small room/low ceiling....

Horn Seeker

Seriously... I dont really have a big room for this bull but I think I have to get him mounted. I have 12 foot ceilings in the garage... but dang...what a shame to put him in there...

Any ideas for a mount that works in a smaller room??

I have seen them done as a pedistal mount. A three ft or so post that the mount is attached to and sits on the floor, It would take up some space, but no need to have high ceilings.

I'd vote for a pedestal mount also. Was the cape good? Don't do a whacked mount on such an awesome elk just because you don't have room. Do it right.

Definately a pedestal mount. I even saw an awesome one a while back that rotated:)

Your wife gonna let you get away with that? This one is worth a divorce if not:):) LOL

I've got a fantastic taxidermist that will trade me the mount (- the pedestal, which I would build) for one of my Longbows.... Shweeeet!

Cape appeared to be in fantastic condition to me Kurt... I'm pretty psyched about getting him mounted. i Love Euro mounts, but I cant deny this guy needs to be shoulder mounted... And yeah, I'll do it right and it can sit in the middle of a spare room if need be till I figure out the right spot!

Here's a couple of his..
index.php

index.php

index.php

You know, I like the bugling mounts... but I feel weird getting it done that way when I didn't kill him in September... Whatchyou guys think?

I've got a mouth open bugling mount, shot him mid-bugle. Yuck! Wish I wouldn't have done it. Replacing it with this year's bull, mouth closed.

That first bull looks like he's on 'roids. :D

A bugling mount with a long haired cape will look wierd, and you'd probably regret it down the road.

I vote no on the bugle as well.
That velvet pedestal mount is gorgeous.

Give the guy some free advertising and link us to his site if has one.

Oh, he's a taxi out of Olympia, Washington that I bullchit with on another site. We have talked about trading mount for bow for a while now and the only reason I am not having it done closer to home, is my inlaws live right there next to him and can do the transport for me no prob....

I would go 1/2 body with a rock water fall... but that's just me ;)

Semi Sneak insead of Upright will bring it down a little.

I vote NO on the Open mouth. Personal feelings but I've never been a fan. If I ever mount my wife though, I'd hav............. "EDITED" because Big Fin would anyways ;)

I had saved a couple pedestal mount pics. from last year, while looking for options for my dad's bighorn. I thought this one was pretty cool, and low profile.

Attachments

• post-3416-1286651313_thumb[1].jpg
    post-3416-1286651313_thumb[1].jpg
    46.7 KB · Views: 37,445
The velvet and first one are nice, not a huge fan of the bugling bull, the pedestal one is really cool. Better than any of mine, since all I have is deer and antelope and no elk.

I would go 1/2 body with a rock water fall... but that's just me ;)

Semi Sneak insead of Upright will bring it down a little.

I vote NO on the Open mouth. Personal feelings but I've never been a fan. If I ever mount my wife though, I'd hav............. "EDITED" because Big Fin would anyways ;)

Based on the size of your crew..................I'd say the mounting has already been done:)LOL

Backwards deal for Moosie though... he Mounts it... THEN shoots it...

OK...get back on track here... I want more pics of pedestal elk mounts! (or pics of moosie/wife mounts...oh wait..that forum is gone now....dang you Fin.)

PEAX Trekking Poles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mmarshall173
Back