Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

Best burger recipe

I like an 80/20. Mix salt, pepper, garlic powder and olive oil in advance. Roll into balls, 1/4-1/3 lb ea. I like to use my stove’s flattop. Makes a huge mess so plan in advance. Put some butter on the flattop, place burger ball on. Let it cook a minute. Turn over so the slightly cooked side is up, and with a well buttered metal spatula, smash that burger down. Flip once and put whatever you like on it. I like onions and pepper jack. Put the bun on the flattop a minute. Slather with Mayo, then top with lettuce, tomato, pickles, ketchup and mustard. If you’re real hungry double it up…

Quick venison burgers on a gas grill: Thaw 1lb frozen burger 24-48 hours ahead of time in fridge. Remove from packaging and wrap in papers towels as meat thaws. Change as necessary, typically only once. Heat gas grill on high. In a large bowl, mix with honey, olive oil, and Weber gourmet burger seasoning. Use copious amounts of each. Form into four patties. Put on pre-greased grill grates (or just use PAM grilling spray). Reduce heat to medium. Flip several times. Do not smash. Remove when fully cooked. Enjoy.

The burger is 90/10 venison/pork fat.

Man I'm really on the minority here. I'll take a thick "bar burger" everyday over the smash burger. Don't care for em on the pellet grill either there's just somethings that don't need to be smoked and a burger or a steak is top of the list. Either a flat top or a frying pan on the stove 1/2 pound patty bout an inch thick or better with gsp. Cooked hot until about 130 ish inside. Thick slice of raw onion is a must. Let that blood and grease pour out the back on the first bite.

Also bbq sauce should NEVER be allowed near a burger.🤮

Man my burgers seem bland compared to some on here. 100% wild game, no pork or beef added. Mix burger with salt, pepper, garlic, anything else you want, a little olive oil, maybe some worcestershire. Patties not too thick or thin. Grill on medium high propane grill until medium rare.

Great thread, lots of good tips I’m going to try. Thank you fellow burger nerds.

We like elk smash burgers cooked on a very hot griddle, thin, two minutes per side, with pepper Jack cheese, grilled onions and BigMac copy-cat sauce. Only heathens and crossbow shooters don’t toast their buns…

Fresh burger is best of course, and it seems when using frozen wild game getting rid of the excess moisture caused by freezing is key. Evaporating moisture while cooking steals a ton of energy and can cool off a skillet/griddle leading to a sad gray burger with less crispy crust. I like to thaw meat slowly in fridge for four days with the package propped up on its side or end. Then I drain the meat and place on a thick pad of paper towels for a few hours before cooking to really suck out the free moisture.

I usually just season with Montreal Steak Seasoning and sear in cast iron on the stovetop. I vary the condiments quite a bit, but a good bakery bun and thick slice of deli cheese are the difference makers. I generally do a thick 1/2 pounder, but sometimes do sliders on Kings Hawaiian pretzel slider buns as well.

Thanks for the suggestions. Burgers are one of my favourites so I will get to them all eventually in my quest for the best burger.

Man I'm really on the minority here. I'll take a thick "bar burger" everyday over the smash burger. Don't care for em on the pellet grill either there's just somethings that don't need to be smoked and a burger or a steak is top of the list. Either a flat top or a frying pan on the stove 1/2 pound patty bout an inch thick or better with gsp. Cooked hot until about 130 ish inside. Thick slice of raw onion is a must. Let that blood and grease pour out the back on the first bite.

Also bbq sauce should NEVER be allowed near a burger.🤮

such limited imagination.

the beauty of the burger is the endless incredible combinations from sauces to cheese to toppings.

there is only one rule of thumb with burgers IMO - it is not meatloaf and it is not a meatball, so leave the eggs in the fridge and breadcrumbs in the pantry; the meat should be mixed with nothing but fat, if anything. after that, go wild.

you've clearly never had a dry aged, smoke kissed, reverse seared in butter 20+ oz bone in ribeye ;)

the beauty of the burger is the endless incredible combinations from sauces to cheese to toppings.

there is only one rule of thumb with burgers IMO - it is not meatloaf and it is not a meatball, so leave the eggs in the fridge and breadcrumbs in the pantry - the meat should be mixed with nothing but fat, if anything. after that, go wild.

you've clearly never had a dry aged, smoke kissed, reverse seared in butter 20+ oz bone in ribeye ;)
We've all but stopped ordering restaurant prime steak.

there is only one rule of thumb with burgers IMO - it is not meatloaf and it is not a meatball, so leave the eggs in the fridge and breadcrumbs in the pantry; the meat should be mixed with nothing but fat, if anything. after that, go wild.

I've got a big imagination just ask my wife 😉. Eaten a lot of ribeyes just the way you described and my favorite way is just as you described minus the smoke. I do like a variety from time to time but my favorite way is how I posted above. One of the best burgers I've ever had was topped with pepper jack, bacon, deep fried battered jalapeños and fresh fried cheese curds. That thing was amazing but it sure did take the autobon route through my system. Pheww.

Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Avidsomething
Back