Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Best burger recipe

First: kill an elk

Season the 10-12 oz. (5"diameter 1" thick) elk burger patties with Kinder's and extra pepper...they'll finish perfect bun sized
Sear the patties on the flat side of grill grates placed in the pellet smoker at 425* for a 3.5 minutes per side, or to where the pink smash is barely turning darker...DO NOT OVERCOOK
Crisp the generously buttered buns on the stove in a frying pan. Timing is everything...they should be hot enough to curse when you begin assembly.
Garnish and pucky as desired...have plenty of paper towels available for your chin

Eat a second one...

take 80/20 grind doesn't matter the ungulate or bovine

shape into a minimum 1/3 lb discs with your hands

season with salt, garlic powder, ancho chile powder, and black pepper - leave seasoned burgers covered in the fridge for 24 hours

fire up that pellet grill to 200 degrees - smoke burgers and a pound of bacon for 30-45 minutes

remove burgers, kick up pellet grill to 350-400 degrees and toss on some jalapenos to roast and let the bacon get crispy. let burgers rest inside on the counter covered.

get out that big 'ol cast iron and heat up to smoking hot, put just enough oil in to coat the bottom.

begin searing burgers on cast iron, should only need a minute or two a side after a 5-10 minute rest off the smoker. apply cheese, preferably some sort of jack cheese.

throw brioche buns on smoker to warm up.

remove burgers and buns. slice jalapenos.

apply a layer of chipotle mayonnaise to bottom bun then apply a layer of rather spicy homemade guacamole.

put burger on bottom bun. add jalapenos, red onions, and some stubbs spicy barbeque sauce. then toss on tomato and lettuce if you're into that. don't forget to add 4 half slices of extra crispy bacon.

All Pattie’s should be uniform so they cook the same. Season both sides with a tenderizing salt. Make a little dimple in the patty and fill it with Worcestershire sauce about an hour before you slow grill it. In a cast iron skillet prepare grilled onions, grilled jalapeños, mushrooms, with at least 1/2 stick of real butter. Add lots of cheese, and bbq sauce

take 80/20 grind doesn't matter the ungulate or bovine

shape into a minimum 1/3 lb discs with your hands

season with salt, garlic powder, ancho chile powder, and black pepper - leave seasoned burgers covered in the fridge for 24 hours

fire up that pellet grill to 200 degrees - smoke burgers and a pound of bacon for 30-45 minutes

remove burgers, kick up pellet grill to 350-400 degrees and toss on some jalapenos to roast and let the bacon get crispy. let burgers rest inside on the counter covered.

get out that big 'ol cast iron and heat up to smoking hot, put just enough oil in to coat the bottom.

begin searing burgers on cast iron, should only need a minute or two a side after a 5-10 minute rest off the smoker. apply cheese, preferably some sort of jack cheese.

throw brioche buns on smoker to warm up.

remove burgers and buns. slice jalapenos.

apply a layer of chipotle mayonnaise to bottom bun then apply a layer of rather spicy homemade guacamole.

put burger on bottom bun. add jalapenos, red onions, and some stubbs spicy barbeque sauce. then toss on tomato and lettuce if you're into that. don't forget to add 4 half slices of extra crispy bacon.
Man, I gotta up my game.
That sounds awesome!

I only have a pellet grill, but I use steak seasoning and smoke at 225 degrees until it hits 135. Then turn up to 400ish and cook 3 minutes. Flip and add cheese if desired, and grill 3-4 more minutes.

On a side note, we double grind through the course grinder both times with 85-90% elk, antelope, etc and 10-15% straight fresh beef fat. Makes excellent burger.

Listen guys we all know how much I love a pellet smoker but this is one place I don't think they excel. IMO cast iron skillet or Blackstone type griddle with plenty of butter makes the best burger. Also @Bigjay73 nailed it fresh ground beef a mix of chuck and brisket is my preferred.

Listen guys we all know how much I love a pellet smoker but this is one place I don't think they excel. IMO cast iron skillet or Blackstone type griddle with plenty of butter makes the best burger. Also @Bigjay73 nailed it fresh ground beef a mix of chuck and brisket is my preferred.
Used to agree Will but the grates made all he difference...fire that sucker up with my iph driving home & it's grill to plate in about 10 minutes...steak or burgers, & both are superior to restaurant. Have not used the natural gas Weber in a long time.

I'll admit to enjoying grease splattering the kitchen range island occasionally.

400 degree pellet will do the trick well on a burger and greatly simplify your process.

my wife get's pissed enough as it is with how complicated i make burger night; bypassing the cast can return some minutes to the evening.

but gotta smoke them burgers though, no longer optional. turn around to the gas grill where the cast iron's been heating up on the side burner to avoid grease splatter in the house for the proper post smoke sear should the cast make its appearance.

Used to agree Will but the grates made all he difference...fire that sucker up with my iph driving home & it's grill to plate in about 10 minutes...steak or burgers, & both are superior to restaurant. Have not used the natural gas Weber in a long time.

I'll admit to enjoying grease splattering the kitchen range island occasionally.
I’m slow and dumb…what’s iph?

Heat up the Blackstone (Med to High). Mix some Meat Church “Holy Cow” with the burger.
Form palm sized burger balls.
Melt real butter the size of a burger Pattie on the Blackstone.
Take a ball and place it in the melted butter.
Smash the hell out the burger, flip when the outer edge is crispy.
Add whatever cheese you want right away.
Scoop up two or three patties onto your toasted bun.
No pucky!
Enjoy! Everyone’s making smash burgers now-a-days.

Attachments

• IMG_1560.jpeg
    IMG_1560.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 3

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elkslayer38
Back