Ask Randy

I guess this was a short lived thing? These were really informative...I enjoyed them.

Me too! I even subscribed to the youtube channel. :(

These are not dead and gone, but we are trying to work out some kinks in how we were doing the Ask Randy videos. I was doing the editing here in PA but needed the files from Montana and the size of raw video files got to be a hassle to transfer. We tried online delivery as well as shipping physical devices in the mail. Both had their pros and cons.

We still have a list of questions to be answered and we'll get to them as soon as we get this all figured out.

We appreciate all your support. We'll make sure to keep everyone posted on updates as we try and work through things.

I guess this was a short lived thing? These were really informative...I enjoyed them.

It is a function of my travel schedule and tax season. We have many more slated. I am the weak link in the funnel.

One of the next topics will talk about another "juicy topic;" non-resident price gouging. I got a lot of interesting feedback when we talked about how it is that our country's laws evolved such that there is not connection to land ownership and wildlife allocation.

I want to explain why I think (merely my opinion) that states have succumbed to the wrong incentives out of fear of backlash from residents. Many states are reducing non-resident opportunity while increasing non-resident prices. That is not a good outcome for the future of hunting.

It is nice to see some advocates trying to raise resident prices to lessen the skewed ratio of R-to-NR pricing. Yet, not enough people are supporting those who are pressing for such. I will probably get as much "love" for that one as I did when I wrote an article advocating such in Bugle Magazine.

Another topic coming up is "What's in your pack." I will do a clip where I talk about what I carry in my pack when I am day hunting. Not for backpack hunts, rather what I carry no matter the distance, the species, or the time of year. I get a ton of questions about that and some have asked me to do a piece about it.

Another topic will be what my strategy is for finding elk on public land. Many have written and asked how it is that we find a lot of elk on public lands, but when they go out, they are not seeing many. It could be about a :10 second clip - "Where hunters are, elk aren't," But, we will make it longer than that. It will be a bit of a primer to the book we are part way finished with that goes into a lot deeper detail about how we do this. The book will hopefully be ready around Christmas.

Lots more coming. Please hang with us until I get past this April 15th deadline.

It will be a bit of a primer to the book we are part way finished with that goes into a lot deeper detail about how we do this. The book will hopefully be ready around Christmas.

Hold the phone! Did you just try to slip a quick one past us or am I missing out on the announcement from another post? Now if only we could get the book out before hunting season this year with all that open time you will have after tax season :rolleyes: I'm super excited about this.

Back