MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Anyone Home?

Did you report his license plates? :)

If that was my house, I would love to know everything there is to know about 016. Someone knows him.

Did you report his license plates? :)

If that was my house, I would love to know everything there is to know about 016. Someone knows him.
Something tells me that based on this behavior 016 has a date with a trap and a .22....

No I don't, MtLabrador. But I've had a similar bear actually break through windows of our cabin. One time. Never came back. It does not appear that this is a fed bear. I have several friends with bears that regularly appear in their yards like deer and squirrels, and rabbits, and woodchucks appear in mine. And they leave and later come back and leave again. Don't have such a simplistic view of wildlife.

Again, who is 016?

No I don't, MtLabrador. But I've had a similar bear actually break through windows of our cabin. One time. Never came back. It does not appear that this is a fed bear. I have several friends with bears that regularly appear in their yards like deer and squirrels, and rabbits, and woodchucks appear in mine. And they leave and later come back and leave again. Don't have such a simplistic view of wildlife.

Again, who is 016?
A fed bear is a dead bear. And 016 is the number on that bears ear tags. Usually ear tags signify they have had issues with that given bear before.

Again, who is 016?
Simplistic view of wildlife? I’ve been around more than a few bears, both black and grizzly. It’s a very common thing for problem black bears to be repeat offenders. Unfortunately, bears get into food, bears get into trouble, bears eventually get killed. I didn’t say it’s the bear’s fault, it’s the fault of the people who leave attractants unsecured.

A fed bear is a dead bear. And 016 is the number on that bears ear tags. Usually ear tags signify they have had issues with that given bear before.
Unless, of course, some creepy university professor has been tagging them in the name of game science. I have tagged many, many thousands of animals in the same pursuit. Yes, I'm a creep university professor.

Seen the black bear who snuck into the family home and hid on the top shelf of a closet? Haha! Saw the mailbox listing Goldilocks and figured a visit was in order... 🤣

Simplistic view of wildlife? I’ve been around more than a few bears, both black and grizzly. It’s a very common thing for problem black bears to be repeat offenders. Unfortunately, bears get into food, bears get into trouble, bears eventually get killed. I didn’t say it’s the bear’s fault, it’s the fault of the people who leave attractants unsecured.

Believe it or not, it is even more common for them to NOT be repeat offenders, but this one doesn't seem to be offending anything. From one picture, you condemn this bear? Hardly.

Unless, of course, some creepy university professor has been tagging them in the name of game science. I have tagged many, many thousands of animals in the same pursuit. Yes, I'm a creep university professor.
Absolutely possible.

Believe it or not, it is even more common for them to NOT be repeat offenders, but this one doesn't seem to be offending anything. From one picture, you condemn this bear? Hardly.
Calm down there. I’m not condemning anything, just making a guess. Unfortunately, repeat offenders are very common. Maybe not so much in the Midwest, but where I’m familiar (Montana and Wyoming), it’s a common thing. Last summer was a busy one for bears in the Bighorns.

Calm down there. I’m not condemning anything, just making a guess. Unfortunately, repeat offenders are very common. Maybe not so much in the Midwest, but where I’m familiar (Montana and Wyoming), it’s a common thing. Last summer was a busy one for bears in the Bighorns.

There is nothing special about bears in WY or MT vs MN or WI or anywhere else. Bears be bears. This one shows no sign of being fed, so perhaps it just learned that these big weird boxes are pretty useless. Bottom line, you don't know - and I don't either. Just a bear, nothing more, nothing less.

Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jacolleen
Back