PEAX Equipment

411-20

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stubaby

Anyone know of some access for a good bull during rifle for some $$$$? Asking for a friend.

That zone is mostly private. Wilkes bro’s phone call could be very interesting. I’d be looking East of there ranch on BLM.

That zone is mostly private. Wilkes bro’s phone call could be very interesting. I’d be looking East of there ranch on BLM.

Ya. I’m not worried about finding a bull. I’ve got a pretty good bead on where they will be, and which fence lines to hunt. I’ve killed my fair share of 300-320 type bulls. I’d just like to get that 340 plus class even if it takes $1,000 or so to be able to jump the right fence. Ha. I also drew the 530 deer tag just to add to the fun.

Money Bull huh Stu? Not getting enough likes on MM? Cold day in Hell when I'd pay for one. I'm sure you will post up when you get ignored somewhere else. mtmuley

Here we go.....another tool thinking he owns the site and all the others.

You go in to your spots in the dark and come out in the dark. Always in the shadows. Always hiding behind that screen of yours.

At least I post pics and share stories. All you do is make fun of every one who doesn’t shoot a .300RUM out of a piece of $hit Remington. Always the lurker and troll. At least I help people out and offer advice.

Very few of the “good guys” from 2006-2012 post here anymore. I’m not sure if it’s because they are sick of their hunting spots being filmed for Fresh Tracks(I just saw one of mine on Meateater last week) episodes or guys like you always poking the bear.

I have 4 kids, a wife, and a career. So what if I’m willing to slip a few Hundos to a willing landowner? I’ve already spent $1,400 just to put in—-which makes your tags cheaper. What’s a little more?

You act like there’s a “good ol boys club” around here. If there is—are you even in it?

Stay classy d-pickle!!!!

Well that escalated quickly.

Can I ask your thought process when applying for that tag? It’s pretty established where the elk are in 411, especially by rifle season. FWP doesn’t like it, but there is not much they can do except threaten to cut tag numbers. you might be better off flying into Durfee hills.

Well that escalated quickly.

Can I ask your thought process when applying for that tag? It’s pretty established where the elk are in 411, especially by rifle season. FWP doesn’t like it, but there is not much they can do except threaten to cut tag numbers. you might be better off flying into Durfee hills.

Yo, there’s more to that tag than the Durfees. I know those three units better than 90 percent of the guys on this site—-from personal experience. I’ve hunted it before. I know the guy who told the guy who told Randy how to fly in the first time.

A guy I knew from Billings killed a 6pt opening day last year up there on public ground. I told a friend of his to tell him to try this spot I’ve ran into bulls post rut where I coyote hunt. I hadn’t even been there for three years and he tagged out right where I said to go.

I’ve killed and helped kill elk on public land both during archery and rifle seasons.

I’m not asking for advice on where to go or how to hunt the unit. I know I’ll be able to kill a bull elk on public any given day from almost Labor Day to Thanksgiving. Heck, I might just kill one with my bow in September.

I know where the elk are all the way from Judith Gap to the Musselshell. I know exactly what I signed up for.

I’m just saying if anyone knows of a landowner(other than the 10 I already know) with a herd of elk on it with a good bull I’d offer more than just “hey can I mend your fence” for access.

Judas. Those are my thoughts.

Last edited:
If you have so many connections why don’t you ask them?

Probably for the same reason Randy bought me lunch in Bozeman a few years back at Famouse Dave’s to ask about where the deer on the Wasatch front are. Just trying to cast a bigger net.

Stubby,

If you're giving away all this great advice about the unit to others...why not take your own advice and go back to the spots you recommended to start with?

If I know an area as good as you claim to know this one...I don't need to ask for help.

But that's just me...

Probably for the same reason Randy bought me lunch in Bozeman a few years back at Famouse Dave’s to ask about where the deer on the Wasatch front are. Just trying to cast a bigger net.
That doesn’t even make sense, but whatever floats your boat man.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CrownDitch
Back