Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

2020 UT Cow Elk Success

My son says my cow call sounds like a wounded calf. He must be right. I was hitting the cow calls intermittently for about an hour, and shortly after a set, a pack of 3 coyotes came in hot! They definitely looked like they meant business. One spotted me at about 75 yards when I was drawing down on them. They all three stopped, and I put a 140 grain .270 Accubond just behind this guy's left shoulder. He was quartering towards me, so the bullet mostly went through the guts. I won't post the picture, but the exit wound on the other side was about the size of a football and took a good portion of innards out with it. It was my first time shooting the new Browning X-bolt besides at the range. The rifle came OOTB with a muzzle break, but given it's a .270, I didn't even think about ear protection. OMG, my left ear rang for about 5 minutes after the shot. It was way louder than my .300WSM. From now on, I'm carrying some ear plugs when hunting with that rifle. I was pretty impressed with the damage done by the Accubond though!

Nice work!
I wear the orange construction kind ear plugs that hang around your neck, that way they are always ready to put in.

MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dtownsend
Back