2015 Hunt Talker Bear Hunt

Packing bear meat out for buddies definitely beats work, ugh.

Another fun week guys, looking forward to next year.

I didn't take very many pictures at all, but here's a few to hold everyone over-

Gerald and I walking out on day one-
2015-05-13%2019.22.37_zpsmqxsxn1l.jpg

Sow with cubs Travis spotted on the way in to get Ross' bear-
2015-05-17%2012.31.21_zpsqgcttdjl.jpg

Ross' bear-
2015-05-17%2013.50.35_zpsbotzsjru.jpg

2015-05-17%2014.11.10_zpsc2uhvxbo.jpg

Great thread guys I look forward to this every year I have a buddy in AK. POW as we speak and I am sitting here at work what in the heck is wrong with me??:confused:

Awesome bears you all have taken....

C'mon Ed! You've already brought down every tick from that ridge, might as well bring a bear down also.

I know it has a bad rap, but I've had pretty good success with meeting strangers from the internet.
I've been wasting my time on the net since usenet days, mostly flyfishing groups though and they are more conducive to gatherings. About a dozen years ago I counted up all the people I had met and it was over one hundred and from all over the world. They say, "You are in town? Let's go take my boat out and catch some redfish. You can use my flyrod." I'm like, no flippn way, it cost $400 to do that. People used to act surprised when I'd offer a float trip on the Henry's Fork just because I was going anyway. Just another day in the life for me. Then after I know them a little they call me and say "Let's go elk hunting, Do you know any good spots?" And I'm like, "WTF are you talking about? I don't even do that for family." But I do share my spots with the one I married. It's full of good people, I am glad I got out to meet them especially since they have to leave town before they get really annoying. Except for the Cherno anomaly (remember that Ben?) I have never really met any wackos. In fact nothing turns an internet jerk into a friend like a face to face or even a PM. I couldn't even bring myself to break Greg Thomas's face when I met him and he writes about secret fishing spots.

I'm really bummed I couldn't break away and say hello but there is always next year.

Sounds like Ed took over being Tick King from me. My record was over 20 from that hike.

So I have finally arrived back home. sprint doesn't work in Montana or just about anywhere in between here and there but now I have Internet. This years hunt was a blast!!! I am hoping I hear from Ross that he and Ed are repeating last year and packing out a bear the last night in camp.

I've been wasting my time on the net since usenet days, mostly flyfishing groups though and they are more conducive to gatherings. About a dozen years ago I counted up all the people I had met and it was over one hundred and from all over the world. They say, "You are in town? Let's go take my boat out and catch some redfish. You can use my flyrod." I'm like, no flippn way, it cost $400 to do that. People used to act surprised when I'd offer a float trip on the Henry's Fork just because I was going anyway. Just another day in the life for me. Then after I know them a little they call me and say "Let's go elk hunting, Do you know any good spots?" And I'm like, "WTF are you talking about? I don't even do that for family." But I do share my spots with the one I married. It's full of good people, I am glad I got out to meet them especially since they have to leave town before they get really annoying. Except for the Cherno anomaly (remember that Ben?) I have never really met any wackos. In fact nothing turns an internet jerk into a friend like a face to face or even a PM. I couldn't even bring myself to break Greg Thomas's face when I met him and he writes about secret fishing spots.

I'm really bummed I couldn't break away and say hello but there is always next year.

Cool piece Rob. I agree and feel the same.

PEAX Trekking Poles

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Seabee Shooter
Back